PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Helborg, stubborn or not

RanaldLoec
21-07-2011, 00:47
In a recent game my opponent questioned if the empire special character Kurt Helborg is stubborn after his unit of Reiksguard knights is wiped out.

Here's why direct from the empire army look

Specail Rules
The Emperors Chosen: fluffy blurb bit. Any unit of Reiksguard Knights led by Kurt Helborg is Stubborn as well as immune to psychology.

My opponent believes that after the unit is wiped out and only Kurt is left he is no longer stubborn as only the unit was.

If this was the case would ITP also be lost?

Falkman
21-07-2011, 03:01
The unit he leads become Stubborn and ItP, not himself.
Thus, if he is no longer leading a unit, he can obviously not benefit from those rules.

Necromancy Black
21-07-2011, 07:03
Yep, he loses both stubborn and ItP if his unit is destroyed.

RanaldLoec
21-07-2011, 10:02
Thought as much. He is meant to be the grand master of the reiksguard knights.

I do hate GW some times, if they had just given helborg the Master of Battles rule like a normal grand master he would be immune to psychology all the time at least.

MvS
21-07-2011, 10:57
Personally I wouldn't make this an issue in a game if I was your opponent.

Regardless of the inexact language, as Helborg is the Grandmaster of an order of knights he should be Immune to Psychology all the time just like every other Grandmaster and I would regard that as the implication of his rules.

RanaldLoec
21-07-2011, 14:07
Just checked the errata.

Helborg does have the master of battles special rule after all.

So alone he is immune to psychology but not stubborn, in a unit of reiksguard he grants both to the unit.

MvS
22-07-2011, 09:03
Sometimes some lateral thinking and a little magnanimity to an opponent isn't just good sportsmanship, it can also point out the true but slightly obscured fact.

I'm pleased this has been cleared up in words of one syllable. :)