PDA

View Full Version : SoM: Nikkit Nikkit

Spiney Norman
22-07-2011, 17:29
What happens if a Goblin Shaman casts the spell Nikkit Nikkit and steals an item he could not normally use, for example the armour of Destiny or enchanted shield etc.

The rules for the spell say that he can use a stolen item unless he already possesses an item of the same type (in which case it is destroyed).

The rules in the BRB are quite specific that a wizard cannot wear armour (magical or mundane) unless he is specifically granted that right by his AB.

So, can my Gobbo shaman wear the armour of destiny and gain the advantage of its ward/armour save or not? By my understanding of the rules as they are written he can, but it doesn't feel like he should be able to ;)

snottlebocket
22-07-2011, 17:33
Things were so much easier when wizards were allowed to wear armor, just not allowed to cast spells while doing so. Would have made that spell a lot funnier as well if some unfortunate gobbo shaman suddenly finds himself wearing a 100 pounds worth of chaos armor and falls over on it's back like a tortoise.

Grimgormx
22-07-2011, 17:40
I dont have the SoM book, but I would say that if the spell lets him use the item then that is part of the effects of the spell, so it allows him to use an armor and a shield, so the spell rules overroll the BRB rules.

So, lets go turtle shamies!!!

also we now need extra naked models for those that lose their armor

Nighthawke
22-07-2011, 18:13
i was wondering this and the store couldnt come to a decision, the people who always say they are right saying he cant use it while everyone saying hell yeah since they want to see a goblin version of achaon :D

GodlessM
22-07-2011, 18:25
I'd let him use the armour as it seems like the intent.

Ramius4
22-07-2011, 19:17
i was wondering this and the store couldnt come to a decision, the people who always say they are right saying he cant use it while everyone saying hell yeah since they want to see a goblin version of achaon :D

When the spell essentially says you can, and there's nothing to contradict it in the rules, the best way to deal with people who refuse to see it is to require them to prove it to you...

Rogzor87
22-07-2011, 20:03
The spell says that they can use the equipment. So I believe they can. SoM is a Suppliment/expansion book. So it does have rules that overwrite other rules when using it.

Ramius4
22-07-2011, 20:09
The spell says that they can use the equipment. So I believe they can. SoM is a Suppliment/expansion book. So it does have rules that overwrite other rules when using it.

Yes, but the point is that the Basic Rulebook also does not prohibit the little Gobbo from using it in the first place... It only prohibits him from purchasing it.

T10
22-07-2011, 21:40
Considering the fact that a lucky shaman can steal even Settra's chariot from under him, the spell should play out as fun as yoy can make it :)

Grimgormx
22-07-2011, 22:34
Darn I want that book!!!!