PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos in SoM

Kampfpanzer
23-07-2011, 08:32
Is it just me or are WoC spells a little bleh in the expansion, considering they are meant to be world rocking spells?

snottlebocket
23-07-2011, 10:30
They seem alright. Tzeentch already has some seriously nasty spells in their basic lore like cacephony that'll really mess up a storm of chaos game. Slaanesh get's to pretty much knock units out of the game for a casting roll of a mere 5+.

Nurgle get's a spell that does a crap ton of damage before potentially summoning a demon prince. Proper use of the weighted dice for example will almost ensure you get the spell of and a demon prince out of it. (if you manage to get multiple uses out of the weighted dice...) If you play nurgle demons, try using that special character herald. With spells like this you'll be racking up nurgle kills for that chart of his in no time.

Also note that all these chaos spells are presence or equilibrium, none require dominance to cast.

Dux
23-07-2011, 11:25
He asked about WoC not DoC.
As far as i remember the spells aren't that good in comparison to other lores.
Tzeentch has a spell that is much harder to cast than gateway and only does d6 more hits but can't remove units from game.
But i don't have the SoM book at hand so can't look up the other spells.

Hashulaman
23-07-2011, 15:23
DoC and WoC share spells. If that is not what you meant, apologies in advance.

I think Chaos is meant for cost effectiveness, rather than destructive power. Plus aside from a 3 in 8 chance to get one of the Chaos Lores in acendence. If you get heavens in acendence, all 3 chaos lores get acencence as well, so thats a 50/50 chance a Chaos Lore will be buffed. Not so good for mono armies. Great for armies with multiple non Khorne marks.

OldMaster
23-07-2011, 23:07
Hm.
Yes, I was a bit disappointed at the Tzeentch and Nurgle Lore, but damn, the Slaanesh Cataclysm spells really buffed the Lore in my opinion.
Also the Wrath of Khorne debuff only adds insult to injury. If only he would throw skulls at the enemy, too...

GodlessM
24-07-2011, 13:35
He asked about WoC not DoC.
As far as i remember the spells aren't that good in comparison to other lores.
Tzeentch has a spell that is much harder to cast than gateway and only does d6 more hits but can't remove units from game.
But i don't have the SoM book at hand so can't look up the other spells.

They are the same spells, so you might wanna get the book and read it before trying to correct someone else mate