PDA

View Full Version : First game in eighth - Empire 2400 list for storm of magic

sir_shvantselot
23-07-2011, 20:59
Haven't played warhammer for over a year. Been into warmachine and bloodbowl. Storm of magic caught my eye and a mate's coming over in week's time to play. I'm playing Empire and thought I'd choose 3 giants (cos I have em) and the list below. Think I'm playing DEs. Any thoughts v welcome:

39 spearmen
Musician
Standard
Sergeant

39 spearmen
Shields
Musician
Standard
Sergeant

9 knights
Standard bearer
Musician
Preceptor

2O greatswords* -
Musician -
Standard -
Champion -

Mortar
Great cannon

2 steamtanks

Level 2 wizard
Dispel scroll

General of the empire -
Armour of meteoric iron -
Pistol

Level 4 wizard lord
Pegasus

Captain of the empire
Battle standard
Griffon standard
Full plate
Total 2383

thesheriff
24-07-2011, 22:27
Well, if your taking a wizard on Pegasus, (and you don't mind special characters) take Balthasar gelt. Metal is one of the best lorries in SOM, and has great for casting it.

Also, I'd personally swap the general for an Arch Lector also, as the added dispel in invaluable.

thesheriff

Lord Inquisitor
24-07-2011, 22:41
For Storm of Magic I would recommend bringing at least one wizard per Fulcrum (so typically 4) although don't forget you can always bring more wizards as bound monsters.

Steam Tanks are probably not so great in Storm of Magic, although they might have some use in tarpitting enemy monsters or characters that might threaten your fulcrums. Every unit in your army needs to be able to do one of two things (a) kill wizards on fulcrums, (b) stop enemy units getting to your fulcrums. Actually killing the enemy is largely irrelevant. It's extremely different to a normal game of Warhammer!

Giants actually aren't bad at getting wizards off fulcrums though, although you're at the mercy of the random table. Worth a try anyway.