PDA

View Full Version : Traitors Traitors Everywhere!

Malorian
24-07-2011, 04:01
My brother and I playtested a mission I'm going to be using for my next tournament and it turned out to be a hoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeTX52aTUOw

This was my 2500 list:

Lvl 4 great orc shaman w/ scroll

Night goblin bsb w/ banner of +1 LD
3X night goblin big bosses w/ great weapon

40 savage orc big uns w/ extra choppa, banner
100 night goblins w/ banner, nets, spears
21 night goblins archers w/ banner

18 trolls
40 black orcs w/ banner, flaming banner
Wolf chariot
Wolf chariot

His list(ish):

Greyseer w/ power stone

Bsb
Engineer w/ doo rocket, condenser
4X naked engineers

100 clan rats w/ spears, FC
50 slaves
50 slaves
20 clan rats

HPA
Doomwheel
Warp lighting cannon

Basically in this mission you get to deploy up to 18 inches up and on your 4th turn you roll a dice for every unit starting from the left. On a 1 they are a traitor and the opponent controls them (charactes and all). If no units got a 1 you get to pick.

At the end everything depends on 5 objectives:
-kill the traitor unit
-don't let the traitor unit score and VPs
-End the game with a unit in the opponents left deplyment zone
-End the game with a unit in the opponents right deplyment zone
-Kill all non-general enemy characters. If there is only the general then kill him instead.

So please give it a watch and let me know your thoughts on the mission, the game, and anything else you want ;)

TsukeFox
24-07-2011, 05:33
Cool scenerio-Deployment seems a lil cloose.

man total waste of an HpA to charge (alone) black orcs with or without a flame banner.

danny-d-b
24-07-2011, 06:30
nice idea for a mission- though I think you made a error with the trator possible- I'd of gone with the savges as they were already depeated already and then would of draged all the units over there out of the way and would have to almost come back accross the board to face you

Malorian
24-07-2011, 08:19
nice idea for a mission- though I think you made a error with the trator possible- I'd of gone with the savges as they were already depeated already and then would of draged all the units over there out of the way and would have to almost come back accross the board to face you

You know I actually took 5 minutes in deciding between the chariot and the savages, and in the end I opted to keep the savages alive because they were at least winning combat and if they broke the slaves they could combat reform and knock out the greyseer.

Also if the savages didn't hold him up as long as they did then he could swamp my deployment zone.

SevenSins
24-07-2011, 17:00
tough on the trolls that ;)

nice rep though, interesting mission, that'll be scary if you have a deathstar and they turn traitor that's for sure

MOMUS
24-07-2011, 19:31
Nice bat rep, the mission is a great idea.

Why did your brother not charge your bunker with the chariot?

Malorian
24-07-2011, 23:13
Why did your brother not charge your bunker with the chariot?

Because the bunker wasn't in the charge arc.

Shimmergloom
25-07-2011, 14:43
I really can't stand rivers.

Whenever I think GW may have done something to help make terrain more playable, I realize they made things worse by allowing rivers everywhere, instead of the old rule that was no terrain piece could be more than 12" in diameter.

ugh.

Malorian
25-07-2011, 16:48
A size limit would have been nice, but most people don't push it to extremes.

Djekar
25-07-2011, 16:55
Man, that was a nice close one. I felt like the skaven's only big mistake was committing the slaves to fights that he had a pretty good chance of winning otherwise. Other than that, it was quite the nail biter. I wonder, how does he feel about the game?

vcassano
25-07-2011, 18:36
I really can't stand rivers.

Whenever I think GW may have done something to help make terrain more playable, I realize they made things worse by allowing rivers everywhere, instead of the old rule that was no terrain piece could be more than 12" in diameter.

ugh.

Don't you discuss these things with your opponent beforehand? I'm sure you can work some sort of compromise out...

Malorian
25-07-2011, 20:06
I wonder, how does he feel about the game?

He was pretty frustrated with my foot of gork, but otherwise he had a lot of fun.

Gork or Possibly Mork
27-07-2011, 15:36
Very cool game and mission.

Malorian
27-07-2011, 15:49
The mission is part of a theme for the tournament.

First you are betrayed, then the traitor is revealed, then you go after the traitor's family, and then you have to finish off the war the traitor started.

After the tournament I can post up all the missions.

AM1640
27-07-2011, 16:29
Good battle report,
Luck can help out (savages holding against 3 units), and luck can taketh away (savages losing)
I agree placement of rivers can suck. I had a game where the oppponent did the same thing and didn't move his Tomb King archers or Casket and I slowly made my way towards him with my dwarves. 1 of my units saw combat in turn 6.
When and where is this tournament that you speak of?

Malorian
27-07-2011, 16:56
When and where is this tournament that you speak of?

Aug 20 in Edmonton, more specifically at the Warriors of Time club.

http://thewarroomsp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bb&action=display&thread=876&page=1

Edit: Just to not get any ones hopes up, right now my tournaments are limited to events of about 8-12 people.

I plan to eventually go to full sized events but right now I'm just a small fish.