PDA

View Full Version : Variable Orc and Goblin Units

plague docter
24-07-2011, 17:10
Firstly I would like to apologies if there is already a thread for this as my search function doesn't seem to be working properly and if this is the wrong section.

Secondly since i don't currently own the new codex i was wondering what are the new 'best' and 'worse' units and what are the new units like?

And last but not least i was wondering if anyone had any advice for going up against skaven and possible VC (the player hasnt decided what army they are playing yet).

EDIT: The VC player has changed his mind to Brets.

Thanks in Advance.

Doc

Malorian
24-07-2011, 18:05
Best: savage orc big uns w/ extra choppas, black orcs, squig herds, trolls, night goblins.

Worse: Snotlings

plague docter
24-07-2011, 18:36
Snotlings became useless when they no longer counted as a swarm, also whats the magic like and are there any new spells?

Doc

russellmoo
24-07-2011, 22:36
The little waaagh is mostly buffs and hexes, with some direct damage spells, the big waaagh is mostly direct damage spells with fewer buffs and hexes- however, Ere we go, is a very good buff, providing your units with re-rolls to hit-

chariots are still good, wolf riders are better being very cheap for cavalry-

It's mainly about savages, and fighting troops, night goblins are still the better goblin-

plague docter
25-07-2011, 16:59
Ahh that's good it means i can still use my love able night goblins shamans and the o so hated (by the enemy) fanatics. Has anyone used the mangler (name check) Squig yet?

Doc

russellmoo
25-07-2011, 19:11
It is really feared, and somewhat fragile- so I haven't seen what it can do other than force your opponent to shoot at it-

calnen
25-07-2011, 19:27
It is really feared, and somewhat fragile- so I haven't seen what it can do other than force your opponent to shoot at it-

I played against all-cavalry bretts in my last game. A mangler ate a block of 9 knights in one gulp :D

plague docter
25-07-2011, 20:03
I was about say they would be good against brets even more so with the player being new to fantasy (and therefor brets), he has however payed 40k for some years.

Also how did the battle turn out Calnen?

Doc