PDA

View Full Version : Core Comp Tournament - 2,400 Points True Horde of Warriors of Chaos

redarmy27
25-07-2011, 04:16
Hey guys,

I'm looking at going to a tournament at the end of September that has an unusual twist: there must be 900 points minimum of core! The tournament is fun in that fluff is very encouraged for your army - cheesy armies are frowned upon. This could be fun. The following is a list I've thought up which could be very fluffy but competitive. First, here are the rules:

Create a 2400pt legal 8th Edition Warhammer Army. The rules for your army are for the rules and books in effect on September 1st, 2011, including FAQs.

Special Characters or Named Characters are allowed.

No White Dwarf Lists or Web Lists (Cathay, Norse, etc.).

The IndyGT Dwarfs of Chaos & Dogs of War armies will be allowed.

Anyways, here's my list:

2400 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

1 Sorcerer Lord, (General; Level 4 Upgrade)- Lore of Shadow - Goes in the Warrior Block.
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Collar of Khorne
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero - Goes in a unit of Marauders.
1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer) (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Relic Sword
1 Crown of Command
1 Acid Ichor

23 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Champion of Tzeentch (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Blasted Standard

49 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, 326 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour)

50 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, 332 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour)

1 Hellcannon, 205 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Unbreakable)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

5 Marauder Horsemen of Tzeentch, (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Throwing Axe; Light Armour; Fast Cavalry)
5 Warhorse

6 Chaos Warhounds, (Poisoned Attacks; Scaly Skin)

5 Chaos Warhounds, (Poisoned Attacks; Scaly Skin)

Yes, there is 2 blocks of 50 marauders in this army, totaling to 100! It will truly be a horde. I just about have all of them painted as well. I have a pretty good theme and background thought up for them so I'm pretty excited about it.

What do you think? Any feedback would be great!

Jake

tmarichards
25-07-2011, 23:23
Crown of Command is a waste really, those marauder blocks will be steadfast forever.

Also, taking mark of tzeentch on them and great weapons is a mistake. Either take shields and Tzeentch for the 5+ ward if you want them to survive, or else take Mark of Khorne and great weapons. They'll kill enough to offset the extra 1/6 they'll lose.

redarmy27
26-07-2011, 03:22
Thanks for the feedback.

I love my lore of Tzeentch. I would do Khorne for my marauders but I'm afraid of them being baited around the damn table, and we certainly can't have that.

Well ladies and gents, I have a new list after looking over this one a bit. Let’s have some fun with it….

2,399/ 2,400 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Shadow Sorcerer Lord, (General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)- Goes with the Warrior Block
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Collar of Khorne
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer), (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer )- Goes with first marauder block
1 Armour of Destiny
1 Stream of Corruption

Festus the Leechlord, (Regenerate to entire unit, grants poisoned attacks to himself and unit he’s in) – Goes in second marauder block

23 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Blasted Standard

49 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

49 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
1 Chieftan of Tzeentch (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Fast Cavalry)

5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds

The idea behind this list is simple, clog enemy shooting with dogs, not that I have enough of them. Use my marauder horsemen to hunt down warmachines and just harass troops. Close in and corner off the “big point” units of my opponents using my marauder blocks, augmented by my lovely two warshrines, with one of my marauder blocks chilling out with Festus and outfitted with regen/ Lore of Tzeentch and poisonous attacks, all the while supported by my harder than nails unit of warriors with sorcerer in it. I may not win, but damn it I’ll make them work for it!

My question is: if Festus is in that marauder unit, can I just take off the Lore of Tzeentch? And should I just give them the Lore of Nurgle then?

Thoughts?

All the best,

Jake

Peregijn
26-07-2011, 08:00
with festus in the unit you need to chose if you want to make regen saves or wardsaves since you cant use both.
so the wardsave from the mark of tzeentch will be slightly less usefull. but it can come in handy when facing something with killing blow or flaming attacks.

redarmy27
26-07-2011, 11:48
Thanks. I might just make that unit Mark of Khorne so they'll get double attacks in the first rank, poisonous and hitting with great weapons!

Jake

redarmy27
27-07-2011, 06:42
Alright, I went back to the drawing board a bit on this one and decided to go back to my mainly Tzeentch army. This is primarily for fluff and fun, but I could mix it up a bit.

This new list incorporates 150 marauders! I took out my hell cannon and created a real horde for my opponent to face. However, I could do two things:

1: Drop out a block of 50 marauders, and sub in a unit of 15 Tzeentch warriors (full command/shields)
2: Find the points, drop some guys to make my marauder units Khorne with GW’s (drop the third marauder block down from 50, and drop another unit of dogs)

Anyways, here’s the list:

Sorcerer Lord (General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor) – Shadow magic – Goes with Warriors
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Collar of Khorne
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch

1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer), (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer) – Goes with First Marauder block
1 Armour of Destiny

23 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
1 Blasted Standard

50 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
1 Chieftan of Tzeentch (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

50 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, (Mark of Tzeentch)

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, (Mark of Tzeentch)

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Fast Cavalry)
5 Warhorse

5 Chaos Warhounds,

5 Chaos Warhounds,

5 Chaos Warhounds,

Total Roster Cost: 2394

I plan on playing quite aggressively with this one. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Jake

redarmy27
28-07-2011, 05:15
Well, I've made up my mind and have gone with my full Tzeentch, fluff-based list. I think it'll be a lot of fun. Best of all, it has 150 marauders creating a true Horde of Chaos!

The background of this army is an aggressive sorcerer, Valsineous the Defiler, that is gaining power through the northern lands. While he's primarily engaged in the darker lores of shadow and death, he's acquired more and more items that favor Tzeentch as the Fateweaver begins to entice the young sorcerer further and further into his graces.

Now, a following has begun for this young sorcerer as different champions and tribes strive to join him.

Anyways, here's the list:

2,385/ 2400 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Varlsinious the Defiler-
Sorcerer Lord, (General; Level 4) Lore of Shadow
Enchanted Shield
Infernal Puppet
Talisman of Preservation
Favour of the Gods
Third Eye of Tzeentch

Arcanos Warpcrusher-
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer)-
Goes with 1st Marauder Block
Shield
Armour of Morrslieb
Dragonbane Gem
Ironcurse Icon
Stream of Corruption

The Morrsliedians, bodyguard of Valsinious-
24 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch,
Shields
Full Command
Blasted Standard

The Merculitzch Tribe, followers of Arcanos Warpcrusher
49 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch
Full Command
Great Weapons

The Black Tribe of Tchar
50 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch
Full Command
Great Weapons

The Chen Chi-En Tribe
50 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch
Full Command
Great Weapons

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

Well that's that. Any feedback would be great. I think this'll be a really fun list to run.

All the best,

Jake

Slayerthane
29-07-2011, 17:12
Have you given any thought to giving the warriors with the Blasted Standard, halberds instead of shields? They will already have 4+/4++ going into the fight, and the halberd will mean they can kill more in combat.