PDA

View Full Version : Festus in a Non-Nurgle Unit

redarmy27
26-07-2011, 03:26
Hey guys,

I have another quick question as I prep a list for a tournament.

My question is: if Festus is in a marauder unit, 50 strong with great weapons with the Lore of Tzeentch. With Festus' rules, they get poisonous attacks (woo hoo) and they get regeneration. How does this go along with the Lore of Tzeentch's ward save? I don't think it can stack.

Can I alternate the Lore of my choosing in case of flaming attacks or am I just better off taking the Lore of Tzeentch off and giving them the Lore of Nurgle instead?

Sorry for the newb question, just want some clarification!

Jake

Kalandros
26-07-2011, 05:21
Mark of Tzeentch you mean? Those Marauders would be better off with Mark of Khorne honestly!

Mark of Tzeentch increases ward save, Regen is not a ward save but if Regen gets taken off by flaming attacks then you would still get 6+ ward save.

SkawtheFalconer
26-07-2011, 09:31
You're right in that MoT can stack on a ward save, but it can't stack on Regen as it isn't a Ward save. check Regeneration rules in WFB rule book for clarity.

Previous poster is right - Khorne will extremely useful for all the extra S5 poison attacks. :)

redarmy27
26-07-2011, 10:46
Thanks guys! Yes, I always say "lore" instead of "mark" all the time. Argh....

I might have to run these bad boys as Khorne then. Should I still keep the great weapons though? I guess with the great weapons I cover my bases against stuff with armor and the likes.

Thanks!

Jake

Kalandros
26-07-2011, 20:31
The whole point of having great weapons is to deal damage, not survive - mark of khorne.
If you give them hand weapon & shield - mark of tzeentch for 5+ parry save.

popisdead
27-07-2011, 21:23
Previous poster is right - Khorne will extremely useful for all the extra S5 poison attacks. :)

I have thought about this as it gives a 5+ regen to a massive block of 5 PPM models which, well, while everyone takes flaming attacks they are not on every unit.