PDA

View Full Version : STOM deployment

Vsurma
26-07-2011, 05:52
Am I reading it right that I can deploy further up than 12" if I deploy near a fulcrum? With any unit, not just wizards right?

Oberon
26-07-2011, 06:11
Yes. Your deployment is effectively limited by the middle line now, as you can't put the fulcrum within 6" of it, but you can deploy within 6" of the fulcrum. Hello first turn charges.

Just note that it must be a fulcrum with your wizard in it, and not an empty one.

BEEGfrog
26-07-2011, 16:35
The "within" rules normally mean any part of the unit within the range. So if your occupied fulcrum is within 6" of the centre line then it appears you only have to have a corner of a unit on your side of the centre line within 6" of your fulcrum to be legally deployed.

Possible 1st turn flank charges? Depending on the enemy's own deployment, possible 1st turn rear charges!

Oberon
26-07-2011, 16:46
Unless you check the description for the deployment in SoM, where it says all models must be within 12" of table edge or 6" of a friendly occupied fulcrum...

Ramius4
26-07-2011, 17:05
Yes. Your deployment is effectively limited by the middle line now, as you can't put the fulcrum within 6" of it, but you can deploy within 6" of the fulcrum. Hello first turn charges.

Not entirely true. Fulcrums can be within 6" of the middle line, just not within 6" of the very center of the table, where the quarters meet (check the diagram). So yes, units can even deploy over onto the enemy side of the table in some cases depending on where fulcrums were placed.