PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Points High Elf

Abbot Fury
26-07-2011, 08:27
So I am a new player, first large serious battle and i am going up against a Demon army. Please be critical, but please remember I am new to both this forum, and the 8th Edition and this scale of engagement.

HERO/LORDS:
Teclis - Lore of Shadow
Lvl2 mage with Seerstaff - High magic or Light magic
BSB with BotWD.

CORE:
10 Archers
20 Sea Guard
20 Sea Guard

SPECIAL:
15 Phoenix Guard (FC with Banner of Sorcery) Teclis will be housed in here
14 Swordmasters (FC with Gleaming Pennant)
10 Dragon Princes (FC with Banner of Ellyrion and Potion of Foolhardiness)

RARE:
1 RBT
1 Eagle

Please let me know what you think.

Shield of Freedom
26-07-2011, 08:45
Change to Lore of Life on Teclis.

Teclis + Lore of life + Book of Hoeth = You win.

That's pretty much it.

Throne of vines allows you to roll a 2+ to avoid the effects of the miscast table. After that spell goes up keep rolling as many dice as you can for each spell and getting irresistable force with any doubles.... then avoid the negative effects on a 2+.

Abbot Fury
26-07-2011, 08:50
What about the rest of the structure? I know from past games (years ago) that teclis was good (very good). But there are 2000 other points there on the board, should I be doing anything diffrent?

tmarichards
27-07-2011, 02:27
I disagree, Shadow is a better Lore for Teclis. Life just doesn't do enough damage. IF Withering and then lots of archers will delete daemons much faster than repeated Dwellers.

You are lacking a decent sized unit though, I'd be inclined to swap out the seaguaed for more archers, and you could also do with boosting the swordmasters.

I'd also drop the level 2- Teclis will be using just about all your dice, and your opponent will likely save all their dispel dice and stop the level 2 casting.

Another Eagle would be really useful, as would some more bolt throwers.