PDA

View Full Version : WOC tzeench sorcerer lord

drear
26-07-2011, 10:56
i was playing a woc player the other day and ive never played tzeench before.

he said his lord had : mark of tzeench, a gift that let him use my lore if i was in los, +d3 to cast on ever spell, infernal puppet and +1 power dice per turn, along with lore master.

is it a legal build? i wasnt sure, as he seemed to get ALOT of spells off, and the +d3 , and +1 for tzeench , along with lvl4 made him very strong a caster.

i was thinking maybe the +d3 was a 1 use, or that you cant take 2 familiars?

Heeros
26-07-2011, 11:07
i was thinking maybe the +d3 was a 1 use, or that you cant take 2 familiars?

Someone else can fill in on the rest, but the +D3 can be used once per magic phase, but when used the user is subject to stupidity until the next (users) magic phase. But Tzeench sorcs do get some evil builds! :D

Lord Zarkov
26-07-2011, 11:13
The gifts are legit, but the downsides have been forgotten, and the MI loadout is bunk

The Third eye of Tzeentch allows him to use any spells known by one of your wizards in LoS, but prevents him from using his own spells

Conjoined Homunculus adds +D3 to cast, but it is once per turn and makes him test for Stupidity in his next turn.
Having both of these is legitimate

The +1 PD is either from a power familiar (which you can't have with the puppet as they are both arcane items); or from the original wording of Book of Secrets (which has now been errata'd to making you a L1 Wizard with one spell form lore of fire shadow or death), but which used to give you an extra pd + a spell from those lores.

How he's a loremaster I don't know

drear
26-07-2011, 11:31
ah okay, i think he was using power familiar, and the puppet, so ill call him on that .

and ill mention the +d3 is once a turn, not every spell. he was using it to get off the spell that makes doubles miscasts every turn, and then puppeting my miscast and cataclysm miscast rolls.

interesting question can the puppet be used on the SOM miscast table?

Fubar
26-07-2011, 11:53
Woc cannot get lore master, unless you take the Vilitch SC, puppet affects all miscasts, until it gets faq'd I'd use it for both types.

Lord Zarkov
26-07-2011, 13:46
Puppet only works on "The Miscast Table", i.e. the one from the WH rulebook (which is called simply by that title in the SoM book as well), not on the "Arcane Fulcrum Miscast Table", which is something different.

reddevil18
26-07-2011, 21:29
Sorry to say but who ever you were playing cheated, WoC can not get lore master other then one SC as already mentioned but then he couldnt have the other items on him.

Harwammer
26-07-2011, 21:35
Methinks your opponent needs to read the rules for magic item selection and the rules to specific magic items a little more thoroughly.