PDA

View Full Version : Wood elfs

pkain762
26-07-2011, 17:05
How's everyone doing? I am a veteran player. I've been successful with several armies, and now i want to play around with wood elfs.

I've looked at building a list on army builder, and every unit is expensive. It results in a small list that doesn't have any hitting or staying power......

I was just wanting to know what units are best to bring, and how many models in each unit.

What units are worthless?

What lords are best to bring and how to build them?

any information would be helpful

Spiney Norman
26-07-2011, 20:23
How's everyone doing? I am a veteran player. I've been successful with several armies, and now i want to play around with wood elfs.

Good luck, I've been a wood elf general since the 6th Ed book was released and they've never had it so tough.

I've looked at building a list on army builder, and every unit is expensive. It results in a small list that doesn't have any hitting or staying power......

I was just wanting to know what units are best to bring, and how many models in each unit.

The units that still work well in the Wood elf list are:

Spell weavers
Glade Guard (units of 10-20 deployed in 2 ranks)
Treekin (units of 6 or 8)
Treemen

I also add dryads (max units) to that list, though I'm aware a lot of other WE generals don't rate them as highly. Eagles are situationally good, for distraction, luring out goblin fanatics etc.

What units are worthless?
Pretty well everything else

What lords are best to bring and how to build them?
Spell weaver with 4th level, lore of life, wand of wych elm and talisman of preservation, (I've also used the lore of beasts to good effect, but it depends how you want your army to play)

Treeman Ancient with Netlings and Radiants.

Hero level wizards are largely a waste of time, the Lore of Athel Loren is now so outdated by comparison to the 8th Edition battle magic lores that I wouldn't bother with it, the only spell worth expending power dice on in the Lore of Athel Loren is Call of the Hunt.