PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim Campaigns...

Arryn
07-04-2006, 01:15
Does anyone know of any info available for holding a Mordheim campaign? I dont just mean rocking up to a mates place and thrashing each other for several weeks, i mean where up to 8 warbands battle to claim areas of Mordheim etc with a strong narrative focus...

Any ideas guys? What do you do and how do you do it?

XxboxX
08-04-2006, 06:44
I've palyed a couple with my friends,

we made a map on like mircosoft paint,
which had different areas,
and we fought for control,

and even wrote up a little story for it.

i'm sure theyre sites that have prefabricated campaigns.

Arryn
09-04-2006, 22:56
Well i've found a couple of maps but as yet no hints on how to structure such a campaign...

Tomothy
09-04-2006, 23:20
There's a couple of good examples on the Mordheim SG site, they had a campaign called "you soul to keep" parts 1 and 2 up just recently.

I haven't played Mordheim, but here are some ideas:

You have the territories provide very small bonuses here and there while you hold them, +1 on one of your rare trades (Market Square) or ignore first break test (Tavern). Just small things really so they don't overpower gangs.

You come up with a story, generally its best to have something even the "evil" races will fight against. So if its chaos its an opposing power if one player is playing possessed. If nobodies playing a particular evil race you could use that one.

A bit of humour never goes wrong. A newsletter to keep people updated on what territories they can fight for, special campaign events, who won, who lost, amusing deaths and the overall story can really help to create the atmosphere.

One method i had with Necromunda and territories was to have only a few open to be fought over. Players would nominate which one they wanted to fight for in secret or whether they wanted to take part in a special campaign scenario instead. Then all those who picked the same territory as someone else would fight and all those who picked one nobody else picked would gain the territory and fight someone else who didn't have to fight to get their territory.

Ghost Dog
10-04-2006, 03:59
Personally, I don't think anyone could "control" any part of the city of Mordheim. It's a city of the damned. You get in, take what treasures you can find, and get out. You'd probably be better served in making up your own city or village and fighting for control of it.

warpoet
13-04-2006, 12:55
I've run a few campaigns.

We never did anything with territory control.

After each battle, players submitted a report to me listing important happenings, deaths, injuries, wyrdstone found, etc. . . . and of course, who won and who lost.

Using those reports, I made our very own Town Cryer, The Brazier (that's a burning stick, not ladies' underwear). Players liked reading about their character's deaths. I made bogus news stories that dove-tailed with some special scenerios we'd invented.

During the campaign, we made up some new special characters and items. Some were useless, some were useful, but they added to the flavor of the whole experience.

In the end, we had the top four warbands go at each other for a trophy, The Gilded Poisson.

Fun was had by all, and we made it into the real, dearly departed, Town Cryer.