PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt chaos army

ogreninja
27-07-2011, 12:46
this is a list im toying with for my 1st throne of skulls tournament next year, any thoughts or suggestions would really help

lord:

Sorcerer lord : mark of tzeentch, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of protection, disc of tzeentch: 360pt

heros:

Exalted hero : bsb, doom totem, shield, mark of tzeentch: 225pt
sorcerer : lvl 2, dispel scroll, 3rd eye of tzeentch: 170pt
sorcerer : lvl 2, mark of tzeentch, power stone, golden eye of tzeentch: 185pt

core:

20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, shields, full command: 370pt
20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, shields, full command: 370pt
40 marauders: mark of tzeentch, full command, shield and light armour: 280 pts (done as a horde)
5 marauder horsemen: throwing spear and shield: 75pt
5 marauder horsemen: throwing spear and shield: 75pt

special:

5 chaos knights: mark of tzeentch, full command, rapturous standard: 290pts

Jack of Blades
27-07-2011, 15:17
I don't see how you could possibly make use of 8 magic levels when on average you'll have 8 power dice. Drop one of the sorcerers, drop the rapturous standard and use those points to add in a unit of 5 chaos knights, 4 trolls, a hellcannon or whatever.

Eta
27-07-2011, 15:53
What Jack of Blades said, 8 levels of magic are overkill. I'd drop the level 2 Tzeentch sorcerer.

Add the Charmed Shield to your sorcerer lord so a stray cannon ball or bolt can be deflected with some certainty. Also, the Talisman of Preservation would be my choice of item for the important lord.

You could add the Enchanted Shield to your scroll caddie to get a cheap 2+ armour save for him.

Concerning the core - I'd give one unit of warriors halberds. Your list is lacking in hitting power at the moment. You could even add the Banner of Rage to get the useful Frenzy bonus and keep the Tzeentch theme.

I wouldn't run the marauders as a horde. In your configuration, they work much better as a tarpit unit and hence I'd run them five wide and eight deep. Nothing is going to move that block too soon.

You have some points left over and I'd add two or three units of five Chaos Hounds as chaff, additional deployment drops, redirectors and warmachine hunters. Furthermore, the Banner of Eternal Flame is a bargain for a unit of warriors and really should not be left out.

The knight unit is too small with all the upgrades you gave them. I'd either run them at five with just the mark and a musician or in a unit of seven or eight with full command and a magic banner. I'd go for the Banner of Swiftness for the additional speed, the Blasted Standard for the protection against shooting attacks or the Wailing Banner to force some panic tests in conjuction with the Doom Totem (which otherwise does not really have a place in your list).

ogreninja
27-07-2011, 17:58
lord:

Sorcerer lord : mark of tzeentch, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation, disc of tzeentch, blood curdling roar: 410pts

heros:

Exalted hero : bsb, blasted standard, shield, mark of tzeentch: 190pts
sorcerer : lvl 2, dispel scroll, 3rd eye of tzeentch,enchanted shield: 185pts

core:

20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, shields, full command: 370pts
20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, shields, full command, halberds: 390pts
45 marauders: mark of tzeentch, full command, shield and light armour: 310 pts (done as a tarpit 5 wide 9 deep with bsb)
5 marauder horsemen: throwing spear and shield: 75pts
5 marauder horsemen: throwing spear and shield: 75pts
5 warhounds: 30pts

special:

5 chaos knights: mark of tzeentch, standard bearer, banner of rage: 275pts

does this look any better

Jack of Blades
27-07-2011, 18:42
That's better. However do this:

+20 points from dropping shields on warriors #2 (replace #1's with halberds)
+60 points from dropping 2 units of warhounds
=80 points
-80 points from adding 2 chaos knights

Then you can drop the marauder champion and 2 marauders to (if you also have 2 spare points) give flails and throwing axes to the horsemen, greatly improving their killing - throwing axes > javelins for a mere point more and shields aren't useful on them.

After that I'd say it's about done :)

ogreninja
27-07-2011, 19:02
lord:

Sorcerer lord : mark of tzeentch, lvl 4, infernal puppet, talisman of preservation, disc of tzeentch, blood curdling roar: 410pts

heros:

Exalted hero : bsb, blasted standard, shield, mark of tzeentch: 190pts
sorcerer : lvl 2, dispel scroll, 3rd eye of tzeentch,enchanted shield: 185pts

core:

20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, halberds, full command: 370pts
20 chaos warriors: mark of tzeentch, full command, halberds: 370pts
43 marauders: mark of tzeentch,standard bearer and musician, shield and light armour: 290 pts (done as a tarpit 5 wide 9 deep with bsb)
5 marauder horsemen: throwing axe and flails: 85pts
5 marauder horsemen: throwing spear and shield: 85pts

special:

7 chaos knights: mark of tzeentch, standard bearer, banner of rage: 355pts

so this is how the final list should look

Jack of Blades
27-07-2011, 19:03
That looks good to me. Have fun ;)

ogreninja
27-07-2011, 20:45