PDA

View Full Version : Nightlord Raptor Art

TheOverlord
27-07-2011, 14:29
Hey guys, this is a quick sketch one day sketch I did during my free hours between lectures. I tried to go for a traditional codex looks for this piece, I enjoyed this one a lot, I'll do a color piece through the week I think.

Anyway, enough words, more pics!

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/ChaosQuizzical/Raptor.jpg

Enjoy! Comments welcome!

-edit- Odd, the img tag doesn't seem to be working, is there a pixel limit on this forum?

MidnightIllustration
28-07-2011, 08:25
That's nice!

Might it be worth pushing the lights a bit further for more impact?

I think you have to add attachments here, rather than use img tags.

TheOverlord
28-07-2011, 09:54
That's nice!

Might it be worth pushing the lights a bit further for more impact?

I think you have to add attachments here, rather than use img tags.

Thanks a lot!
Yeah you're absolutely right, during the coloring phase I noticed how terrible the value constrast was. I've fixed that now, hope you guys enjoy the finished piece :D

Midnight Clad! (http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/ChaosQuizzical/RaptorColored.jpg)

-edit- Aha! So the upload works. Thanks mate :)

Inquisitor Kallus
28-07-2011, 14:59
Great work there TheOverlord

nagash66
28-07-2011, 21:11
Very nice work mate.

AtmanAbecedarian
28-07-2011, 23:17
Wow! The contrast is excellent. Very cool fan art. Even better that you did this between lectures. Any plans for more in the future?

TheOverlord
29-07-2011, 01:40
Great work there TheOverlord

Very nice work mate.
Thanks guys :)

Wow! The contrast is excellent. Very cool fan art. Even better that you did this between lectures. Any plans for more in the future?

Thanks a lot :) I've just realised that I might've put my 'in between lectures' statement wrongly, almost sounds like I'm a student, heh.

Yeah, with the new space marine game and black crusade rpg in the near future, I'm really pumped to create a Word Bearer Dark Apostle today. Wish me luck!

TimLeeson
30-07-2011, 14:55
Exceptional, how much do comissions cost? like say I wanted a logo to use on packaging/website or something.

TheOverlord
01-08-2011, 06:16
Thanks Tim :) Shout me a PM about the details, and we can discuss it further :)