PDA

View Full Version : okthis is stupid (but need it)

semper_fi
27-07-2011, 15:41
hi all,

i need a bit of clarification on the magical attacks rule and saves:

does it
A) no armour saves allowed
b) only wards allowed

need this because my brother argues he can take his normal saves against them
andi couldnt find anything in the rulebook (so a reference to which page would be nice)

Falkman
27-07-2011, 15:56
Take his saves against what? Magical attacks?
Magical attacks don't have any inherent superpowers themselves, so yes, if your unit who has "magical attacks" attack a unit, that unit get to take any saves as normal.

Lord Zarkov
27-07-2011, 16:01
Falkman is entirely correct

IrishDelinquent
27-07-2011, 16:04
You need a little more information then what you've provided to help us understand your question in full. It sounds like you're asking if magical attacks ignore armour saves, or if they ignore all saves. Well, it depends on the situation, but unless a unit has a special rule regarding magical attacks (ethereal, Forest Spirits, certain pieces of magic equipment) or the magic weapon has a particular rule regarding saves (Obsidian Blade, Blade of Realities, weapons with KN/HKB) then armour/ward/regeneration saves are allowed as normal.

Ravenar
27-07-2011, 16:22
Silly question, but you are not talking about Wood Elves are you? Wood Elves, forest spirit specifically, lose their Forest Spirit ward saves to magic attacks. This is one of the one ways.... Now if you are talking about a magic spell that says, remove as a casualty or the like, then it also bypasses save. Just normal magic weapons and spells still provide saves unless the item specifically overrules. As in the response above, please explain the situation more in detail.

T10
27-07-2011, 20:25
hi all,

i need a bit of clarification on the magical attacks rule and saves:

does it
A) no armour saves allowed
b) only wards allowed

need this because my brother argues he can take his normal saves against them
andi couldnt find anything in the rulebook (so a reference to which page would be nice)

Take his saves against what? Magical attacks?
Magical attacks don't have any inherent superpowers themselves, so yes, if your unit who has "magical attacks" attack a unit, that unit get to take any saves as normal.

Wether or not an attack counts as a magical attack usually only comes into play if the target has a special rule regarding magical/non-magical attacks.

It is perhaps unfortunate that there isn't a Magical Attacks special rule.

-T10

someone2040
28-07-2011, 02:04
Wether or not an attack counts as a magical attack usually only comes into play if the target has a special rule regarding magical/non-magical attacks.

It is perhaps unfortunate that there isn't a Magical Attacks special rule.

-T10
It is somewhat unfortunate, but the rulebook FAQ clearly defines the meanining of Magical Attacks now. So it's all good on that front (apart from needing the faq's for it).