PDA

View Full Version : O&G - 2500pts

SchultzChaos
27-07-2011, 20:38
Yoh, mates!

So, I'm tryin' to make a half decent competitive list for a couple of games with my friends.

Here's the list:

Orc Warboss - Basha's Axe, Silversteel Armour
Savage Orc Great Shaman - Lvl 4, Fencer's Blade, Lucky Head

Orc Big Boss Bsb - Light Armour, shield
Night Goblin Boss, Gw
Goblin Boss, Gigantic Spider, spear, light armour and shield

98 Night Goblins, spears, standard and musician, netters
48 Orcs, shields, standard and musician
38 Savage Orc Big 'Uns, additional choppa, standard and musician

Squig Herd (20 Squigs, 10 herders)
6 Trolls
Wolf Chariot

Doom Diver
Doom Diver
Snotling Pump Wagon

Soooo the plan is; Orcs with general and bsb is the anvil, aided by the trolls and chariot. The aggressive flank will have Savage Orcs, supported by the Squig Herd, and the defensive flank will have the Night Goblins and pump wagon. The Spider Hero will either protect my Doom Divers, or go hunt for warmachines, while the Divers will bombard monsters and heavy infantry/cavalry.

Ok there is some crazy options in the list (like the squigs and the pump wagon) but honestly... I like crazy, and love my models. And there is a fun all around feeling to it. I have close combat, magic AND shooting!

So all in all, what do you think?

Sincerely
/ Schultz

Algorath
28-07-2011, 17:24
If you have the models, add a squig and drop three handlers; they're going to die before they get to anything, so might as well pack more teeth.

I foresee a similar squishy death for the lone gobbo boss on the spider.

This list needs more bosses, use those gobbos as extra wounds!

calnen
29-07-2011, 13:33
I like the spider boss, but I run him with the Dragonhelm too (10 pts). It gives him a 2+ armour save overall, and can be a nice surprise when the enemy occasionally tries to fireball him. He's speedy and should be strong / armoured enough to take on enemy light cavalry units as well as war machines.

On the squigs, isn't it a maximum of 2 squigs per goblin anyway?

I'm not a fan of goblin bosses with GW. I know they're good on paper, but the goblin unit isn't expected to *win* any combats, right? They're gobins! I'd rather run 2 units of 50 (5x10), with *shields only*, command and nets. They last for ages in combat, and you free up some points for either more chariots (more punch to join the combats you intend to win), or a Night Goblin shaman for cheap buffs.

Algorath
29-07-2011, 14:30
I like the spider boss, but I run him with the Dragonhelm too (10 pts). It gives him a 2+ armour save overall, and can be a nice surprise when the enemy occasionally tries to fireball him. He's speedy and should be strong / armoured enough to take on enemy light cavalry units as well as war machines.

On the squigs, isn't it a maximum of 2 squigs per goblin anyway?

I'm not a fan of goblin bosses with GW. I know they're good on paper, but the goblin unit isn't expected to *win* any combats, right? They're gobins! I'd rather run 2 units of 50 (5x10), with *shields only*, command and nets. They last for ages in combat, and you free up some points for either more chariots (more punch to join the combats you intend to win), or a Night Goblin shaman for cheap buffs.

It's three squigs to the gobbo.

Also, not to derail the thread, the point of gobbo big bosses is numbers: one gobbo big boss is nothing fancy, but you can rock three for just over hundred points.

So, 47 Night gobbos with nets, standard and musican, with three Night gobbo bosses (w/ great weapon) would be roughly forty points under the cost of the current unit. The trade off lies between 45 wounds and nine s6 attacks; which do you want the gobbos to do? Tie someone in combat forever, or kill things?

The above is my suggestion, liquidate the current bosses , then take the additional points and procure some orc big bosses, or chariots.