PDA

View Full Version : Unit and character fear

killiox
27-07-2011, 22:55
Does the unit joined by character that has fear also count as having a fear until the character is in unit...

T10
27-07-2011, 23:38
The unit must make a Fear test, and if the test is failed then the individual models in the unit that are subject to Fear will suffer the consequence.

It doesn't matter if the character causes fear or the unit causes fear: no immunity is bestowed from one to the other.

killiox
27-07-2011, 23:50
I should have asked direct Q. If you have unit of chosen that are joined by char that has fear and you roll 10 in eye of the gods(it gives fear if you dont have fear) can this roll be rerolled because unit has fear from character?

Lord Inquisitor
27-07-2011, 23:54
From a Warshrine. While this is up for debate, the general consensus is no, this doesn't work. The unit doesn't cause Fear so no re-roll, the character just doesn't get any additional benefit. But if you give him (or the unit) the banner that makes the whole unit cause Fear and Terror, then it works.

killiox
28-07-2011, 00:03
With limit of 450 points per unit in ETC rules this banner has to high price. I was looking for some other way.

Lord Inquisitor
28-07-2011, 00:45
Don't the ETC rules limit you to like 10 chosen max anyway? Just to prevent this exact build? Or am I thinking of a different comp system?

The crux of this matter is that the Eye of the Gods table is written with regard to champions and heroes rolling on it alone. It is a bit vague. I would expect it to be a tough sell however.

killiox
28-07-2011, 00:55
Roll for chosen is for unit not for champion. ETC limit is 450 points or 40 limit in unit.
Favour of the Gods cannot be taken by a Champion of a Chosen of Tzeentch unit is only limit for chosen...

Yrrdead
28-07-2011, 02:37
If you are talking about the roll before the game that the Chosen get than the answer is definitely no.

T10
28-07-2011, 10:28
Also: Notice that with the Warshrine it is sufficient that one or more models in the target unit already has the Eye of the Gods effect (or Fear/Terror) to allow for a re-roll. Check out the FAQ for more info.

killiox
28-07-2011, 11:50
That was the reason i asked. If you roll eye of the god from warshrine and you have character with fear in unit that doesn have fear and you get 10 on eye of the god(fear for unit) do you reroll? In rulebook its clear that if the character is joined the unit he is the part of the unit.