PDA

View Full Version : First try at WoC 2250 - All-comers

wingate32
27-07-2011, 23:42
Okay this is my first try at WoC. I have looked around on other lists for inspiration and I really like the idea of a magician on a disc. Maybe it's overpowered to bring a lvl 4 and maybe it's a stupid idea to use him as a general but I feel that I don't have that much need for ld 9 anyway. I'm used to playing Empire and Skaven so this is a real buff in...every way actually :D

Thoughts, comments and inspiration very welcomed.

1 Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord - General; Mark of Tzeentch
1 Disc of Tzeentch
1 Infernal Puppet
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 The Lore of Death

1 Exalted Hero - Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Shield
1 Talisman of Endurance

40 Chaos Marauders - Full cmd, Mark of Khorne; Flail; Light Armour

30 Chaos Marauders - Full cmd, Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

18 Chaos Warriors - full cmd, Mark of Nurgle, Halberds

17 Chosen - Full cmd, Mark of Tzeentch, Halberd
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Banner of Rage

5 Marauder Horsemen - Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Flail; Light Armour

1 Hellcannon

8 Chaos Warhounds - Poisoned Attacks; Scaly Skin

Izural
28-07-2011, 04:14
Personally, even though you can take whatever marks you want in an army now (This displeases me), i always keep a theme (But thats just me XD).

I'd drop the great weapon off the Exalted Hero and take a halberd (He's I6, and chargers dont strike first anymore).

After teaming up with my brother in a Dark Elves & Khorne VS Empire game, all I can say is, Maruders, MoK, Great Weapons, 2 units of 30+. They're just brutal, and dirt cheap.

Oh, and I love two parts of your army list. You gave Halberds to both Chosen and Warriors! :D:D:D (I'm obsessed with Halberds, i'm a DE player, and my Black Guard are my pride and joy :P). And while I love how zany the Hellcannon is, i think a safer bet are Chaos Knights personally for sheer intimidation power alone :P

BaSe
28-07-2011, 08:30
U can't run the death lore on your tzzentch wizard. Also having him solo is a lot of points that could be easily lost to a lucky cannon shot or something such as tomb kings casket.