PDA

View Full Version : Killing unit champions and the Eye Of The gods table

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 11:37
Quick question,

Unit champions are treated as characters for purposes of challenges. Does that mean that if a WoC hero kills a unit champion in a challenge, he gets to roll on the Eye of the Gods table, since he killed a character?

Harwammer
28-07-2011, 11:44
Sadly champions aren't like characters in this respect (I was hoping it would change for 8th ed but alas it didn't :().

killiox
28-07-2011, 11:45
No, you need to kill character or large target with your character pg.43 WoC rulebook.

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 11:46
And similarly, the WoC faq says all chaos characters must accept and issue challenges. Does that include unit champions?

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 11:48
Sadly champions aren't like characters in this respect (I was hoping it would change for 8th ed but alas it didn't :().

Is there an official errata for this? out of curiosity?

No, you need to kill character or large target with your character pg.43 WoC rulebook.

Agreed, and according to the BRB unit champions are treated as characters for purposes of challenges. I don't actually have the BRB in front of me as I'm posting from work, but I'm still curious.

killiox
28-07-2011, 11:53
Only extra is by having warshrine all your champions have eye of the god so they can roll in table if they kill enemy character or large target...

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 11:58
I'm going to have to actually read the BRB section on unit champions, because page 43 of the WoC just says 'character'. If a champion is treated as a character for purposes of challenge, then that would appear to fulfill that requirement.

You may well be right, but unless someone is willing to quote the relevant section of the rules I'm at an impasse till I get home.

Thanks for the responses though.

Harwammer
28-07-2011, 12:27
CHAMPIONS AND CHALLENGES
Champions can accept and issue challenges in the same manner as a character.

Champions do not count as characters for challenges, ergo no EOTG roll.

(note I'm doing further reading and will update post if I find anything else relevent)

Edit: reading through page 102, CHALLENGES, there is a clear differentiation between champions and characters in challenges. They do not count as one and the same.

Dux
28-07-2011, 12:33
And similarly, the WoC faq says all chaos characters must accept and issue challenges. Does that include unit champions?

Q. Does the compulsion to issue and accept challenges apply to all
models or only to models with the Eye of the Gods special rule? (p43)
A. It applies to all models capable of issuing challenges.

Champions have to issue/accept challenges. This allows us to accept with the champion if there is another character in the same unit.

@topic:
Q. Does killing a champion grant a roll on the Eye of the Gods
chart? (p43)
A. No.

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 12:36
CHAMPIONS AND CHALLENGES
Champions can accept and issue challenges in the same manner as a character.

Champions do not count as characters for challenges, ergo no EOTG roll.

(note I'm doing further reading and will update post if I find anything else relevent)

Edit: reading through page 102, CHALLENGES, there is a clear differentiation between champions and characters in challenges. They do not count as one and the same.

Gracias. At leas I know now.

Godeskian
28-07-2011, 12:36
Q. Does the compulsion to issue and accept challenges apply to all
models or only to models with the Eye of the Gods special rule? (p43)
A. It applies to all models capable of issuing challenges.

Champions have to issue/accept challenges. This allows us to accept with the champion if there is another character in the same unit.

Thank you. Helps me keep Festus out of the line of fire.