PDA

View Full Version : Banners

Sanguinus
28-07-2011, 11:51
I came across the banner of the best in beastmen book and it costs 75 points. None of my men in their options can afford so who the heck can i give it to?:eyebrows:

ftayl5
28-07-2011, 12:09
You have it to give to your BSB.
The general build is giving him it and a shield, gnarled hide and heavy armour for a reasonably good armour save considering the banner.
It's quite a worthy investment IMO.

popisdead
29-07-2011, 18:51
BSB, Heavy Armour, Gnarled Hide, Sheild, Beasts Banner. 206 points and in probably 98% of Beastmen armies this way. Plop that in a big Gor Block, cast Wissan's and you have a scary unit.

Malorian
29-07-2011, 20:41
BSB, Heavy Armour, Gnarled Hide, Sheild, Beasts Banner. 206 points and in probably 98% of Beastmen armies this way. Plop that in a big Gor Block, cast Wissan's and you have a scary unit.

Even without wissan it's a scary unit...

Toe Cutter
30-07-2011, 20:35
And when you get wyssans off twice on the unit then get the savage beast off horros off on the banner bearer its a veritable thing of beauty.

Gotrek
01-08-2011, 23:20
rather get savage beast on the GBS with jagged dagger and steelclaws that is also on that same unit for some extra power dice :D or just go empowered savage beast and everyone (except your opponent) is happy!

popisdead
03-08-2011, 22:27
rather get savage beast on the GBS with jagged dagger and steelclaws that is also on that same unit for some extra power dice :D or just go empowered savage beast and everyone (except your opponent) is happy!

ooooh man I played Beastmen vc Beastmen on Sunday and my opponent got Savage Beast of Horros and I didn't. His GBS won the game adding +3 to every combat that was otherwise likely to have been a draw.

LordoftheBrassThrone
08-08-2011, 08:29
And when you get wyssans off twice on the unit then get the savage beast off horros off on the banner bearer its a veritable thing of beauty.

How do you get Wyssans on it twice. No two wizards can know the same spells now

Trains_Get_Robbed
08-08-2011, 12:38
Any wizard/mage can take the signature spell for free instead of one of the spells he rolled for. The number of wizards/mages in your army that can have the sig. spell is limitless. (see rulebook for details)

LordoftheBrassThrone
08-08-2011, 14:01
Sorry I am abroad and do not have the BRB with me