PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing through a fleeing enemy?

Colonel_kex
29-07-2011, 10:54
The question arose when my hell pit abomination fled through a fleeing great eagle.
we decided to roll a die, 1-3 i take dangerous terrain test, 4-6 i do not.
i promptly roll a 3 followed by a one, good bye HPA :(

can't find this covered anywhere, might any kind warseers be of assistance?

Frosty_TK
29-07-2011, 11:28
Firstly, from memory I think only non fleeing enemies cause tests for dangerous terrain. But I do not have a rulebook with me.
And secondly, I was under the impression that a failed test for dangerous terrain results in the loss of a wound, not of the modell. After all chariots that fail such a test loose D6 wounds.

wingate32
29-07-2011, 16:26
1. Yes, you should test for Dangerous Terrain when fleeing through enemy units, fleeing or not. BRB p25.
2. You only lose a wound with no armour save allowed so the HPA would get his regen and then only lose one wound.
3. When the HPA loses his last wound he rolls on the "Too Horrible To Die"-chart Skaven AB p57.

Inevitable
29-07-2011, 19:33
Another question about fleeing through a unit:

Do chariots cause impact hits on units they flee through? I made a WL Chariot flee through 2 of my units, we ruled that it would cause impact hits but we couldn't find anything to support that ruling.

Unrelated:
The chariot died from the Dangerous Terrain test on the second unit (passed the first one)

Yrrdead
29-07-2011, 21:15
Chariots do not cause impact hits on units that they flee through. I believe that was the case in 7th edition, it is no longer true.