PDA

View Full Version : Storm of Magic Pacts and minimum core

Jinxies
29-07-2011, 17:47
So in the pacts page it say 1+ core units, I assume units that don't count torwards the allowance normally don't count? I'm not sure if the restriction was removednor not in 8th and I'm currently in England so I don't have access to my rule book :S

Any help would be appreciated...

PS I'm tinkering with a. VC pact for my Brets and was wondering if I could fill the core with bats and wolves :3

Lord Zarkov
29-07-2011, 18:01
The only restrictions on what you can take in pacts is written into each pact sheet. See p136, no other restrictions apply.

Also note, 8th Ed uses percentages rather than slot limits like in 7th, and the pacts explicitly ignore the percentage restrictions (other than the magic and monsters allowance). (see p136)

Edit: Just re-read you question, I think I misunderstood what you were asking. Presumably units that don't count towards min core (dire wolves, corpse carts etc), still don't count towards the 1 min core required by the pact. The restriction still remains in 8th after all.

Jinxies
29-07-2011, 18:11
That's what I though, thanks! MSU Zombies it is then! xD

Lord Zarkov
29-07-2011, 18:18
10 Ghouls is probably better than 20 zombies (same points) if you're going MSU

popisdead
29-07-2011, 18:27
That's what I though, thanks! MSU Zombies it is then! xD

ehhh,.. not sure that's useful.

Jinxies
29-07-2011, 18:52
They're not supposed to be useful to be honest they're supposed to be cheap xD And I detest Ghouls, they're so boring looking :3 If MSU Ghouls were cheaper I'd consider them but blehh for the same points I'll take the shamblers :3