PDA

View Full Version : storm of magic 2k Vampire counts + 500 points of storm of magic extras

30-07-2011, 20:29
Vampire lord
Red fury, Flying horror, Summon ghouls
Talisman of preservation, The cadaverous cuirass, the other ticksters shard.

Vampire
Forbidden lore (Shadow), summon ghouls, The flayed hauberk.

Necromancer
Extra spell (Vanhel's danse macrabe, invocation of nehek).

Wraith

Wraith

31 Ghouls
Ghast

30 Ghouls
Ghast

20 Grave guard
command, Royal standard of strigos.

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

Storm of magic

Dawnstar sword (vampire lord wields it)

Truthsayer
Extra magic level, lore of beasts.

Razorgor.

Tactics:
Vampire lord starts in a ghoul unit and charges in against either monster or Fulcrum.

Vampire and necromancer hold fulcrums.

one unit of ghouls and grave guard protect fulcrums.

Wraiths stay in ghouls unit and charge out to take on monsters or Fulcrums or lone heroes or skirmishers/small units.

Terrorgheists take on other monsters and fulcrums.

Truthsayer stay behind infantry unit with vampire in, turn in monsters and take on fulcrums and then change back.

Razorgor will again take on fulcrums or support infantry units.

The roles are fairly flexible as alot of units can take on many different types of threat.

Give feedback please although I will be playing with this tommorow and will update after.

thesheriff
30-07-2011, 22:50
I thought GG could only have a 50pt magic banner? If so, banner of "+1 to hit" is very good on them.

We were discussing that vampire lord setup with the sword. Broken :cheese:

Looks good overall though...

thesheriff

31-07-2011, 11:02
I thought GG could only have a 50pt magic banner? If so, banner of "+1 to hit" is very good on them.

We were discussing that vampire lord setup with the sword. Broken :cheese:

Looks good overall though...

thesheriff

why is it broken?, I think stats show the reroll to hit banner is better against most things, the royal standard of strigos is 35 points.

Von Wibble
31-07-2011, 11:34
Its broken :cheese: because under equilibirum effects you are looknig at the vampire automatically killing 16 models in any unit with a save of 5+ or worse, or inflict16 wounds against a monster with such a save. Most opponents would think it was fair enough if not combined with Red Fury.

I don't know how many points a Terrorgeist is - are they really less than 250?!

List in general looks fine.

Algovil
31-07-2011, 15:33
Its broken :cheese: because under equilibirum effects you are looknig at the vampire automatically killing 16 models in any unit with a save of 5+ or worse, or inflict16 wounds against a monster with such a save. Most opponents would think it was fair enough if not combined with Red Fury.

I don't know how many points a Terrorgeist is - are they really less than 250?!

List in general looks fine.

But that build is 655 points right? Even if he kills that many models, each round, for six rounds of combat, he does not makes his points back vs standard infantry.

Sure it is powerful, especially VS monsters, but the sword without Red Fury is almost as powerful vs monsters, and cheaper characters can wield it.

31-07-2011, 16:45
But that build is 655 points right? Even if he kills that many models, each round, for six rounds of combat, he does not makes his points back vs standard infantry.

Sure it is powerful, especially VS monsters, but the sword without Red Fury is almost as powerful vs monsters, and cheaper characters can wield it.
655 points yes but if he gets me a fulcrum he will be almost impossible to shift and will take on some nasty monsters as well.

Preparing for battle now will update you tommorow how I get on, I am against Tomb kings interesting to see how my nasty vampire lord does against necrosphinx's and the likes.

01-08-2011, 12:21
Had my battle this is what did well:
Vampire lord and ghouls smashed a large hole in opponents infantry and vampire lord took a fulcrum, Wraiths are awesome one killed necrosphinx, other killed liche preist and was general nuisance although I think another necromancer would have been better as my vampire miscast and blew himself and fulcrum up, in future I will hold fulcrums with cheap wizards who won't cast much, ghouls were good at protecting fulcrums, Grave guard good as usual, Terrorgheists were very good one took on a full unit of tomb guard in the front and won eventually the other generally gave my opponent problems until my exploding fulcrum and a tomb scorpion put paid to him, Truthsayer was excellent defensive magic abilities helped protect me alot, and in magical duel took opponents fulcrum, Razorgor took out casket of souls before he was blasted to bits by magic.