PDA

View Full Version : Black orcs and animosity question.

Shimmergloom
31-07-2011, 20:59
Say I have a unit of night goblins, which fails animosity. Then the night goblin unit rolls the 2nd 1, meaning they have to attack the closest friendly unit within 12" that is subject to animosity.

This closest unit in this case is a unit of orcs led by a black orc character. This unit has not tested for animosity yet.

So since the unit is led by a black orc do the night goblins:

1)attack the orcs, the orcs attack back, then both units squabble as normal.

2)attack the orcs, the orcs attack back, but then the black orc character attacks the orcs to keep the orcs from squabbling.

3)neither of the above, but something else entirely.

TMATK
31-07-2011, 23:08
Pretty sure its 1.

O&G FAQ Q: Is a unit with a Black Orc character in a valid target for a Get
‘Em result on the Animosity table? (p32)
A: Yes. There is only so much a Black Orc can do to keep
order!

Shimmergloom
31-07-2011, 23:16
Yeah I know they are a valid target if they are subject to animosity, I just wondered if after the attacks are worked out, if then the black orc attacks the unit to keep them from squabbling or not?

TMATK
31-07-2011, 23:26
The Quell Animosity rule takes effect when the unit with the black orc fails it's own animosity test. Getting hit by another unit due to a "get 'em" result on the table does not count as a failed animosity test as far as I can tell.

Shimmergloom
31-07-2011, 23:28
Well they are forced to squabble after the get'em result is worked out, so it is as if they failed animosity.

DeathlessDraich
01-08-2011, 14:53
Say I have a unit of night goblins, which fails animosity. Then the night goblin unit rolls the 2nd 1, meaning they have to attack the closest friendly unit within 12" that is subject to animosity.

This closest unit in this case is a unit of orcs led by a black orc character. This unit has not tested for animosity yet.

So since the unit is led by a black orc do the night goblins:

1)attack the orcs, the orcs attack back, then both units squabble as normal.

2)attack the orcs, the orcs attack back, but then the black orc character attacks the orcs to keep the orcs from squabbling.

3)neither of the above, but something else entirely.

I'll choose (3) - but it's not entirely different:

i) NG and Orcs with BO unit mutually attack each other

ii) Orcs with BO unit does not test for Animosity but cannot move etc - "If the victim has not taken an Animosity test, it does not do so". Therefore there is no Quell Animosity

Chicago Slim
02-08-2011, 03:55
Good read, Draich. "There's only so much a Black Orc can do to keep order!"

The victim of a Get Em result (not to be confused with the perpetrator of a Get Em result) Gets The Bone. Not much for it, really, but to (a) load up on Black Orc Big Bosses (b) keep units without Black Orc leadership more than 12" apart (c) hope that the 1/36 chance doesn't totally screw your game up (d) all of the above.