PDA

View Full Version : Unconventional Daemons 2500

vinny t
31-07-2011, 21:23
So, after seeing what armies work best in a wintery theme, I have decided to make some sample lists to see how I would want to play any army that I dceided to start. So, first up is deamons. Now, I am pretty sick of seeing the smae ol' DoC lists every time, so I decided that I would try for a different kind of style, one that I really like. So, without further ado, here is the list.

Lord Of Change, lvl 4 with Lore of Life, Power Vortex, and Master of Sorcery

Herald lvl 2 BSB with Master of Sorcery (Shadow) and Spell Breaker

Herald lvl 2 with Master of Sorcery (?????) and Spell Breaker

34 Horrors with Full command

20 Horrors with Full command

5 Seekers of Slaanesh

5 Seekers of Slaanesh

3 Screamers

3 Screamers

3 Screamers

Fiend

Fiend

4 Flamers

4 Flamers

Now, the idea with this list is to snipe all of my opponents chaff while avoiding combat until it is absolutely necessary. Once there, between the debuffs of Shadow and the biffs of life, the horrors should do fairly well. The Screamers are there mostly to just be annoying and maybe kill units like Dark Riders or other cavalry with nasty stand and shoots. They also take up deployments, and so with 12 drops, I should be able to out-deploy many armies. However, I am unsure what lore to give my 2nd herald.

Any advice/tips with playing this kind of army would be greatly appreciated!

Morax
01-08-2011, 18:10
Light would give you more buffs for your combat blocks when you get there, doubling up on shadow would help you push combat off for longer, death would help generate additional dice to fuel 3 casters, and fire is a bit of buff/delay/boomstick. Any of those would be useful the way you are fielding your army I would imagine.

sabastionz
02-08-2011, 16:57
it seems good so far but what about if your versing a heavy armoured army like chaos warriors or Lizardmen? you pink horrors cant do much against it?