PDA

View Full Version : Newbie WOC Batallion army - advice please

Sgt Cambria Russ
01-08-2011, 02:56
Hey guys,
Well im a newbie to fantasy after playing 40k for a while i have decided to have a dabble in fantasy. I got myself a Khorne champion the other day and have painted him and become quite keen on the WOC. What i had in mind was to eventually create a army with three batallions, each batallion soley favouring a certain god of chaos. I have ordered a batallion now and have decided to start the first box as khorne as i have the champion already it only seemed fitting. Anyways this will be my box list and i shall put up my eventual list after. Cheers any advice towards the idea would be great thanks.
How would you make a army out of 3 battallion boxes????

KHORNE BATALLION
- Khorne Chaos Champion MOK, Shield 130pts
- Chaos Warriors 15-Full Command MOK & Great weapons 315pts
- Chaos Marauders 20- Full Command MOK & Great Weapons 150pts
- Chaos Knights 5- Full Command MOK & Lances 280pts
-Chaos Warhounds 10- Scaly skin 70pts

TOTAL 945

Have not included any magic or powers as iam still learning about them

LORD Daemon Prince 300pts

- Slaanesh Chaos Champion
-Chaos Warriors - 15- Full Command MOS Extra Weapons 280pts
- Chaos Marauders 20- FullCommand MOS Light armour & Flails 150ts
- Chaos Knights 5- Full Command MOS & Lances 285pts
-Chaos Warhounds 10- Scaly skin 70pts

- Khorne Chaos Champion MOK, Shield 130pts
- Chaos Warriors 15-Full Command MOK & Great weapons 315pts
- Chaos Marauders 20- Full Command MOK & Great Weapons 150pts
- Chaos Knights 5- Full Command MOK & Lances 280pts

- Nurgle Chaos Champion
- Chaos Warriors 15- Full Command MON, Halberd & Shields 315pts
- Chaos Marauders 20- FullCommand MON & Shields 155pts
- Chaos Knights 5- Full Command MON 260pts
-Chaos Warhounds 10 scaly skin 70pts

TOTAL 2760pts
How would a army like this cope any info on how to top it off would be great. I was thinking of adding a pair of chaos spawns aswell.

I like this idea mainly for visual preference. And i would like to be able to paint one box at a time completeley before getting another so i dont get to far ahead of myself.

thanks guys for your time.
Cam

Death Korp
01-08-2011, 10:40
I like the idea of the 3 Battalions mashed together, but i think you need bigger units to cope in 8th ed, especially the Marauders and Knights.

I'd recommend something like this, based on what you have in the list:

*Daemon Prince (Instead of Scaly skin on the hounds and any other spare points, you can spend them on him to make him a Wizard and give him Daemonic Gifts, maybe a lvl 3 with the Mark of Tzeentch)

*Sorcerer (Make the Nurgle Champion a Lvl 2 Sorcerer with a Dispel Scroll, you need some Magic/Magic Defense in your force)

*Champion of Khorne (Fine, maybe give him the Axe of Khorne for Killing Blow in Challenges)

*Champion of Slannesh (Have a look at the Magic Items and build him in a way to suit your units. Have a look at the Magic item that gives Stubborn to the model and his unit in the Main Rulebook, and the Ironcurse Icon to give his unit a 6+ Ward Save against warmachines, always handy. Make him a Battle Standard Bearer. You could go defensive with the BSB, and give him a 4+ Ward Save instead)

Now the biggest change I'd make to your army selection is the units:

20 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
-Halberds
-Shields
-Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

20 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch
-Shields
-Full Command
-Rapturous Standard

-30 Marauders of Khorne (Horde)
-Flails/Great Weapons
-Full Command

30 Marauders of Slannesh/Tzeentch/Nurgle
-Shields
-Light Armour
-Full Command

10 Warhounds

10 Warhounds

7 Knights of Khorne
-Banner and Musician
-Blasted Standard

7 Knights of Nurgle
-Banner and Musician
-Banner of Rage

Spawn

Spawn

This list is a little over 3000pts, but cutting some of the units down like the Chaos Warriors to 15 and taking out the unit champions as they can be a waste of points sometimes can bring it to 3000pts. Remember in 8th edition, bigger units are better. Whilst not always the case, with Chaos Marauders, bigger units work.

Hope that helped!

DK

Sgt Cambria Russ
01-08-2011, 22:17
Thanks DK thats very helpful i shall revise it again tweak it with your advice thanks again.

puckus10
02-08-2011, 01:36
I think that for your first small games with box #1 you should give your mauraders flails. I actually would take flails over gw's any time with mauraders(except nurgle). That is because you need to rely on your initiative so that your mauraders dont get pulvarized before they attack and gw's make you initiative 1. Also i would take off the scaly skin and lances and give your champion the enchanted shield for extra protection and favour of the gods for extra fun. good luck!