PDA

View Full Version : looking for big head.

sprugly
02-08-2011, 09:24
Hi guys,

I'm trying to plough the vastness of warseerite knowledge again. Currently I'm working on a juggernaut centaur daemon prince model to lead my chaos marine warband. All is going swimmingly with the conversion so far and I've severely bulked up a marine torso to keep it in proportion with the jugger. However now the normal marine heads look a little small and I'm stuck for what to use.

Can anyone suggest a human looking head I can use that is bigger than normal but not as big as say the inquisitor scale stuff?

Please feel free to look at the last 2 pages of my blog to see the size of the body and the work so far.

Cheers all
Sprugly

Grimmeth
02-08-2011, 09:45
Ogre heads? They'd have the advantage of being plastic too.
Daemon Prince heads? A little Daemonic but retain some humanesque look.

Otherwise Black Orc heads could work (although you'd probably have to do some work to the face mask to stop it looking quite so Orcy.)

Or are they too big?

xxRavenxx
02-08-2011, 09:54
Was looking in your blog for images. I notice the mockup on page 2...ish.

I'd go more with that idea if I were you. A terminator torso on top of the juggy will look very good for proportions. Building out the front is going to make him look like a camel, in my oppinion.

Go look at some images of centaurs, dragon ogres, centigores, etc. The top part of their body almost always comes out above the front legs.

sprugly
02-08-2011, 10:50
I've had to enlarge the torso a little more cause the terminator ones weren't quite big enough. But yeah I'm gonna have the body up the top on the beasts haunched, though its gonna have to go down the front juat a little to cover the hole.

I'll check out those ogre heads. Dunno if they look a bit, dunno, not right. A bit short like?

Sprugly

radical ed
02-08-2011, 13:07
I notice you have ven dreads. do those not come with extra heads? they might be a good fit with a bit of GS, and still space marine-y

castellanash
02-08-2011, 13:12
First off, hahaha nice thread title ;) the suggestions so far are all the logical ones... I think a terminator head might work though...