PDA

View Full Version : Magic Resistance vs. Magical Attacks

Tris1976
02-08-2011, 11:31
Could you please settle and argument for me?

I have just started playing Daemons and have come up against some issues with their attacks being magical.

Some players are saying that as their units have Magic Resistance that they get an increased Ward save against ALL of my attacks. I read the rule as being Damage from Spells only, no mention of Magical Attacks.

Clarity is requested please?

Mr_Rose
02-08-2011, 11:42
Get your opponents to read what Magic Resistance actually does, instead of fabricating what they want it to do.

IOW, you're right; it's spells only unless and until an erratum is issued.

ewar
02-08-2011, 12:50
Also worth noting, that it's magic missiles only and not other forms of direct damage etc. Making it essentially worthless.

TMATK
02-08-2011, 15:22
Also worth noting, that it's magic missiles only and not other forms of direct damage etc. Making it essentially worthless.

Are you saying that magic resistance only works against magic missiles? Or is this some demon special rule I don't know?

Magic resistance works against all forms of spell damage(as long as ward saves are allowed), except miscasts.

Morax
02-08-2011, 15:28
TMATK is correct. As long as a ward save is allowed, wiether it be direct damage spells, magic missles, or vortices, magic resistance will improve your ward save against the spell.

Spells such as dwellers from below specify that they do not allow a save to be taken, it being encompased in the characteristic test, and therefor the magic resistance will have no effect.

OP: You are correct it is spells only, magic resistance offers no additional protection from magical attacks in the close combat phase or the shooting phase.