PDA

View Full Version : DE Unit Overview

plague docter
02-08-2011, 13:57
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give a detailed run over of each of the DE units, eg their uses, strengths, weaknesses, I would also be interested in how you as a player use or would use them.

P.S I would also be interested if someone could give me a rundown of De magic lore which name now seems to escape me.

Doc

vinny t
02-08-2011, 16:30
At druchii.net they have some very good advice.

The lore of dark elves is called dark magic and it's good mainly because of low casting values combined with decently good spells. It's best with a level 2 wizard.

decker_cky
02-08-2011, 21:29
A pretty safe guideline is that even the worst units in the DE book are decent units.

tmarichards
02-08-2011, 22:29
The DE tactica thread would be a good place to look, failing that, both Don Zeko and myself have done plenty of Youtube battle reports using Dark Elves in various tournaments with various different builds. You can find my thread link in my signature, and his is http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264022

sulla
03-08-2011, 04:10
A pretty safe guideline is that even the worst units in the DE book are decent units.Other than bolt throwers and possibly manticores... Other than that, they range from average to very good with a few beyond excellent in the magic item section and the hydra.

Even having said that, they are still elves, and thus vulnerable to ranged damage or attrition in combat.