PDA

View Full Version : Ethereal Giants?

BEEGfrog
03-08-2011, 22:17
If an ethereal slann activate a Giantkin Helm is the giant ethereal?

The rules say that magic items and equipment stops working but doesn't mention slann disciplines. I haven't found anything to prevent it and haven't found a thread discussing it, so apologies if already resolved.

T10
03-08-2011, 23:14
It's the kind of crazy thing that can crop up in a STOM game. It's a pretty powerful combo that you'd have to have, I don't know, a lot of magic to counter...

Surgency
04-08-2011, 01:35
this thread has a small discussion on it: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311177&highlight=giantkin

BEEGfrog
04-08-2011, 12:23
Thanks Surgency, I knew I should have searched more...

Surgency
04-08-2011, 20:02
no worries, I miss things too sometimes ;)

T'Green T'Bad T'Ugly
05-08-2011, 09:01
Another question about the giantkin helm
If a Wizard has remains in play spells in effect when transformed, do these still remain in effect?

also, If a Wizard has an Extra Attack or is Frenzy special rule, how does this effect the Giant?

phoenixguard09
05-08-2011, 09:33
Dunno about the spells, but Frenzy and Extra Attack won't have any affect.

Actually Frenzy would probably apply, just without the extra attack.

T'Green T'Bad T'Ugly
05-08-2011, 11:30
Dunno about the spells, but Frenzy and Extra Attack won't have any affect.

Actually Frenzy would probably apply, just without the extra attack.

I assumed the Giant would not get any extra attacks, but, could you point out the rule that says why not please.
I know this is going to come up in my next game of SoM and I would like to be able to call up the correct rules.

Yrrdead
05-08-2011, 17:20
I assumed the Giant would not get any extra attacks, but, could you point out the rule that says why not please.
I know this is going to come up in my next game of SoM and I would like to be able to call up the correct rules.

Just look under the rules for Giants where it tells you that in lieu of making attacks they roll on a chart. They could have a thousand extra attacks and it would be irrelevant.