PDA

View Full Version : The Emperors Will.

ChrisMurray
04-08-2011, 15:34
The new art book is feature in the blog at BL today.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/His-will-be-done.html

It has the cover art (I think we've all seen that before though) and some sapmle pages. Although it's nice to see the art, some of it (the big double page spread for example) looks like it's old art, where-as I was hoping for all new stuff, but I suppose it's nice to have all the old (and new) stuff compilled together into a book.

FlashGordon
04-08-2011, 19:31
buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy
I will buy it!

Aenarion
04-08-2011, 19:44
His will be done!

lijah_cuu
05-08-2011, 08:49
Seeing as i've managed to beg, borrow and steal all the old art books and a load of the old prints i'd be interested to see how much of it is actually new work.

laudarkul
07-08-2011, 09:40
Definitely it's a must. Coupled with Daemonifuge and Darkblade_the Graphic Novel I'm broke....

eldargal
07-08-2011, 13:10
Will buy it, I might not collect Imperium armies but the art and aesthetic are brilliant. Also if it is successful they might release an Eldar version one day. Ha.

Ithaka
07-08-2011, 16:26
Dear Black Library, please release an awesome artbook in time for my birthday in November.

Will. Be. Getting.

WeAreAllAlpharius
17-08-2011, 13:52
there is a new book called "the primarchs" in the coming soon section. Do you think is another art book?

ChrisMurray
17-08-2011, 14:07
there is a new book called "the primarchs" in the coming soon section. Do you think is another art book?

No, it's been confirmed that it's a collection of 4 stories about the primarchs. One story covering a primarch each.

Gav Thorpe is doing one on The Lion, Graham McNeil; Fulgrim, Rob Sanders Alpharius, and the forth hasn't been fully confirmed as far as I know but is believed to be ferrus Manus.

WeAreAllAlpharius
17-08-2011, 14:58
Thank you. I thougt the title was too generic for a novel.

shadowhawk2008
17-08-2011, 15:05
Thank you. I thougt the title was too generic for a novel.

Specifically, these will all be novellas.

Graham has guest-blogged on the BL site about his EC novella.

Wyrmwood
18-08-2011, 21:55
Oddly, I'm at the middle point upon finding out that Gav is writing for the Dark Angels. Call of the Lion was fine and gave some credibility to Astelan's story in Angels of Darkness, but Fallen Angels turned that credibility into something more, something better. After reading The Purging of Kadillus and experiencing the complete neutrality of the Dark Angels therein (they, as well as the Orks, simply felt like placeholders) and then coming across Savage Weapons by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, I must say that I wish it were he writing this.

It's the same feeling I get when considering Deliverance Lost. Angels of Darkness had something special (and no, I don't buy that the Lion was a traitor. I didn't then, and I certainly don't now) and still hoe that Gav can recapture that special something when it comes to writing for the Space Marines.

I can't help but think that Gav will try to lend more substance to Astelan's warped story to the point where it will be a wasted oppurtunity, and it'll feel more like he's is just wrestling with Mike Lee and Dembski-Bowden.

shadowhawk2008
19-08-2011, 07:02
Gav is going to be writing about the Lion, not Astelan in his Primarch novella.... And I don't see why there would be any conflict between the writers. It is not like Gav is going to be writing his DA piece without any kind of input from the editors and the rest of the core HH team.

Wyrmwood
19-08-2011, 12:47
Gav is going to be writing about the Lion, not Astelan in his Primarch novella.... And I don't see why there would be any conflict between the writers. It is not like Gav is going to be writing his DA piece without any kind of input from the editors and the rest of the core HH team.
I know, but I didn't say that did I? I said that I'd be suprised if his Lion novella didn't give credence to Astelan's old tale. As for the conflict issue, not literally; but with the direction the other two authors who have written about the Dark Angels in the Heresy so far, I can see Gav taking a less satisfactory path. Still, he could prove me wrong, but I still have bad juju from The Purging of Kadillus.

M'ichal
30-08-2011, 15:56
Great pre-order price on Amazon.com ($25.86) and Amazon.ca ($28.22) for The Emperor's Will (didn't check UK but may be a good discount, too).

Gotta LOVE Amazon! Pre-ordered mine.

MajorWesJanson
01-09-2011, 19:08
I know, but I didn't say that did I? I said that I'd be suprised if his Lion novella didn't give credence to Astelan's old tale. As for the conflict issue, not literally; but with the direction the other two authors who have written about the Dark Angels in the Heresy so far, I can see Gav taking a less satisfactory path. Still, he could prove me wrong, but I still have bad juju from The Purging of Kadillus.

I would prefer that the novella give some credence to the idea that the Lion was on the fence. The more he is portrayed as a boy scout fighting the forces of good, the more boring he becomes. Staying loyal for selfish reasons seems much more interesting than because he was always loyal. It also provides a counterpoint to those who turned because of circumstance, like Magnus and Alpharius (maybe?).
The Lion could be on the fence, fighting halfheartedly against the traitors until he finds out that Chaos has corrupted his home, then fights not for a noble reason, but revenge at the corruption of his world.

reds8n
02-09-2011, 08:04
No, it's been confirmed that it's a collection of 4 stories about the primarchs. One story covering a primarch each.

Gav Thorpe is doing one on The Lion, Graham McNeil; Fulgrim, Rob Sanders Alpharius, and the forth hasn't been fully confirmed as far as I know but is believed to be ferrus Manus.

Nick Kyme is writing it, it is about Ferrus.

" Feat of Iron".

http://www.nickkyme.com/

:)