PDA

View Full Version : Does chaos knights still viable ?

Chaos257
05-08-2011, 09:00
They are so expensive and can die easy. Also they can no longer break troops. But on the positive they will strike first.

Should I bring with a hero ? Expensive unit.

stiggie
05-08-2011, 09:14
i see it as this, a normal warrior with shield is 16 points, the only difference between a warrior and a knight is the knight has +1 to its armour save, +1 to its strength and +3 to its movement... all for 24 points more.. if you think its worth it then go for it if not then idk.. i guess a unit of 5 as a support is acceptable but i cant see them doing well in 8th anymore

xxRavenxx
05-08-2011, 09:15
Die easy? To what? A cannon maybe, but you can throw a banner on for that...

They're probably one of the hardest hitting units in game still. Right after blood knights.

Chaos257
05-08-2011, 09:51
Agrree. Too expensive. Useless unit.

Chaos257
05-08-2011, 12:57
Warhammer. There are too many things which can kill a choas knight to justify the points cost. In theory, 50 points a knight is fair, as 6 could easily kill for example 50 goblins. However, the chances are that a cannon, magic, deathblow or any of the other ridiculous amount of armour ignoring attacks will destroy the knights long before they get near the goblins. Rendering the model almost 100% useless.

When a Chaos Marauder with similar hitting power can be purchased for five poitns and if you want to shoot that with a cannon or magic, who cares ? Then why would you ever purchase a Chaos Knight ?

antihelten
05-08-2011, 13:26
i see it as this, a normal warrior with shield is 16 points, the only difference between a warrior and a knight is the knight has +1 to its armour save, +1 to its strength and +3 to its movement... all for 24 points more.. if you think its worth it then go for it if not then idk.. i guess a unit of 5 as a support is acceptable but i cant see them doing well in 8th anymore

There are quite a few more differences than that. first of all it's +2 better armour save, knights also have swiftstride, magical attacks, fear, and an extra WS3, S4 attack (from the horse). And depending on how you play it, they also gain more from mark of khorne.

BigbyWolf
05-08-2011, 14:24
Yep, still worthwhile.

Not as effective as they were in 7th, and an all cav WoC army is no longer viable (from a competitive view), but they still pack a punch. So they can't decimate units on the charge in one turn like they used to, but so what? Stick 'em in the flank of a unit already engaged and they can be the difference between a protracted combat and a one-turn rout.