PDA

View Full Version : First list with Lizardmen 2250p

luntan
05-08-2011, 14:17
My first list ever with Lizardmen looks like this:

1 Slann Mage-Priest (Bsb, Mystery , Rumination, Consciousness, Cupped Hands
1 Skink Priest (lvl 1, Curse-Charm of Tepok, Dispel Scroll) mounted on Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods

24 Saurus Warriors (full command)
12 Skink Skirmishers
12 Skink Skirmishers
31 Skink Cohort with 2 Kroxigor (Standard, Musician)

6 Chameleon Skinks
3 Terradon Riders

1 Ancient Stegadon
3 Salamanders

I dont have so much more models just 7 Terradons, 5 Cold one Riders, a few skinks w javelins, 2 mounted Sausus and 1 Saurus on foot.

It feels like I have to few combat units, is the list going to work?

Advises is welcomed!

vinush
06-08-2011, 12:23
Hello.

I'd be tempted to drop the BSB from the Slann as if you do break from combat your very expensive frog General dies automatically regardless of how far you run and the opponent pursues due to the rules for BSB's. That's too high a risk in my mind.

You could try dropping the Skink cohort down to 22, full command, and the two Krox to free up some points. Also, I'm not overly sold on the benefits of blow pipes over the quick to fire javelins, and the nerf to skirmish formations means I'd be more inclined to swap out the skirmishing Skinks for the same sized units of ranked skinks (if you run them without command you save 24 points per unit) meaning you've managed to free up enough points to stick a Scar veteran with the BSB in there (extra hitting power in combat).

As for your concern over lacking combat units, I have to agree, but there's not much can be done about it unless you drop the EOTG Stegadon and take the Skink priest on foot boosted to Level 2. You can then buy a box of Saurus warriors, and drop the unit you already have down to 20, add the 4 from that to the new box for a second unit of 20 (Use one of the new ones with the spare standard from the Saurus Cavalry sprues to make your scar vet BSB, and add in the extra saurus on foot so the numbers balance out). You'd have 50 points left to give magic items/boosts to the BSB.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

THE \/ince

luntan
07-08-2011, 17:45
Thanks for the answer. Ill change some stuffit to get in one more Saurus unit.