PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pt. Elite Lizardmen

ClockBlock
05-08-2011, 19:51
Hello all, I'm planning to do an all elite Lizardmen army. This means that the army will only consist of Saurus, with no skinks at all (with the exception of Skink priests/crew/etc, if there are any...) So, without further ado, here's the list! I'd prefer to get some feedback/suggestions to this list, thanks!

Note: The Lizardmen book I'm getting this from might be outdated (probably not though.)

Lords and Heros

Saurus Oldblood - 175 pts.
- Great Weapon
- Glyph Necklace

Skink Priest - 115 pts.
- Level 2
- Plaque of Tepok

Skink Priest - 90 pts.
- Rod of the Storm

Core

Saurus Warriors x20 - 250 pts.
- Full Command

Saurus Warriors x20 - 250 pts.
- Full Command

Saurus Warriors x10- 140 pts.
- Full Command

Saurus Warriors x10 - 140 pts.
- Full Command

Saurus Warriors x10 - 140 pts.
- Full Command

Special

Temple Guard x10 - 215 pts.
- Full Command
- Revered Guardian w/ Sword of Battle

Temple Guard x10 - 215 pts.
- Full Command
- Revered Guardian w/ Sword of Battle

Stegadon - 235 pts

Total: 1965

Arli
05-08-2011, 20:41
Drop the temple guard. Without a slann to protect, they are WAY too expensive. I know you do not want to use skinks. But, I would take at least a unit or two of cohorts to put those skink priest in. You could also use some salamanders and chameleons skinks (or Terradons).

eron12
05-08-2011, 20:50
Also you can't take the same magical item twice in one list.
I think you would be better off merging some of the saurus blocks, as they are going to get chewed up by most things they run into. Basically everything is going to go before them or have great weapons, which will really put the hurt on.

A BSB is always worth considering, and will probably do more than your level 1 priest.

Your priests are going to be pretty exposed, since they will either have to be by themselves or tacked onto the end of a unit.

vinush
05-08-2011, 21:13
Your points value on the Old Blood is wrong, you've not factored in the cost of his Great Weapon. Also, I'm not sure if you're allowed to post points costs on here.

That said, you may be better off using the following for your core and special

Core: 3 x 25 Saurus Warriors, each with Full Command

Special: 20 Temple Guard, Full Command, Sword of Battle
Stegadon

Rare: Salamander with 4 handlers

Comes to a total (If you include your characters as you set them out at the start) of 1997 points.

I'd be tempted to drop the Stegadon, take 2 units of 2 salamanders with 2 extra handlers each, switch the Saurus to 2 lots of 30 with full command, and 2 units of 15 Skinks with full command (giving you more banners for B&G)

But it's up to you as it's your army.

THE \/ince