PDA

View Full Version : The Blessed Spawning of the Sacred Sun (1500 point Lizardmen Army)

vinush
05-08-2011, 22:32
Hi guys, here's my 1500 point army list for my Lizardmen.

Let me know what you think.

Lord
Saurus Oldblood, Light Armour, Shield, Sword of the Hornet, Carnosaur Pendant

Hero
Saurus Scar Veteran, BSB, Sword of Swift Slaying, Light Armour, Shield
Skink Priest, Level 2, Shrieking blade

Core
19x Saurus, Full Command
19x Saurus, Full Command
29x Skinks, full command
10x Skink Skirmishers, Champion

Rare
2x Salamanders, 2 additional Handlers
2x Salamanders, 2 additional Handlers

Total: 1500 points.

Comments/Criticism/Advice welcomed.

TYIA

THE \/ince

The bearded one
05-08-2011, 22:52
Ah, an oldblood as general. I love those saurus characters :) I would advice the burning blade of chotec instead of the sword of the hornet, as the burning blade is absolutely brilliant. My own quip with the list is that the characters only have a 2+ and 3+ armoursave respectively, when they both can be turned relatively easily into a 1+ and 2+ save (for example the enchanted shield and dragonhelm). I have used an oldblood general for a while and I gave him a shield, the armour of destiny, the dawnstone and the burning blade of chotec, which gave him a 1+ rerollable armoursave, 4+ ward, flaming attacks and -4 to enemy armoursaves.

I don't really like the shrieking blade as fear doesn't do much anymore and hardly ever comes into play. An item like the channeling staff or plaque of Tepok works far better.

The saurus units are a tad small'ish but should do fine. The ranked skink unit I am a bit 'mmh...' about though, as they don't perform all that well. Skink skirmishers are an invaluable part of any lizardmen list and I just feel the list lacks those too much. Instead I would take 2 units of 10 skirmishers, they are a lot better for the points and form the anti-monster part of your list.

4 salamanders brings the pain. I used 4 myself a while, but it was just a bit too horrendous overkill, so you might want to rethink taking 4, depending on how competitive your local enviroment is and maybe size it down to 3, taking another skink unit for the leftover points, or improving the characters with it.

vinush
05-08-2011, 23:03
There aren't many monsters in the club I play at, but I quite like having skinks ranked up (if only krox were plastic...)

Tbh, I'm not a fan of skirmishers in this edition, which is why I've shied away from them. I could drop the skinks down to units of 12 ranked with command (for the pesky b&g scenario) as I prefer the javelins to blow pipes.

I've yet to actually take any wounds on my characters other than the skink priest, but may consider equipment swap outs for the Saurus characters if I drop the skinks down to two ranked units of 12.

Thanks for the advice.

The bearded one
05-08-2011, 23:14
Having the skinks split up in 2 units would at the very least give you some more tactical flexibility and allow you to use them as cheap roadblocks or redirecters while still firing 12 poisoned shots.

Another option would be to split them into a unit of 15 and a unit of 10. The unit of 15 would be steadfast a little bit longer against monsters and other 1-model units like chariots.

vinush
06-08-2011, 11:58
How's this one then?

Lord
Oldblood, General, Burning Blade of Chotec, Armour of Fortune, Shield (1+, 5++ SV)

Hero
Scar-Veteran, BSB, Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, Golden Sigil Sword.
Skink Priest, Level 2, Plaque of Tepok.
Skink Chief, Javelin, Light Armour, Shield, Blood Statuette of Spite

Core
19x Saurus Warriors, Full command
19x Saurus Warriors, Full command
19x Skinks, Full command
19x Skinks, Full command

Rare
3x Salamanders

Total: 1495 points.

The Skink characters will each join a unit of skinks, which can be deployed either in 3 ranks or 4.

The other alternative is to drop the chief and take two naked priests at level 2 each, which leaves 12 points for a magic item of some kind (I could drop the golden sigil sword from the BSB, freeing up another 15 points, allowing me to take a 25 point item on one of the priests).

THE \/ince