PDA

View Full Version : 2400 diverse WoC army

puckus10
05-08-2011, 22:21
Hey guys just a 2400 pt list. The only thing is i dont want any marauders on foot.

Lords:

Chaos Lord with MoT, disc, shield, collar of khorne, chaos daemonsword, sophoric musk (370)

Heros:

lvl 2 sorceror (lore of fire) with golden eye of tzeentch, dispel scroll (170)

Core:

25 Warriors with MoS, fc, adhw (440)
15 warriors with MoN, fc, shields (270)
5 Marauder horesmen with MoK, fc, light armour, flails (140)

Special:

5 Knights with MoS, fc, lances (385)
6 Ogres with MoN, fc, chaos armour, adhw (345)

Rare:
Giant with MoS

Total: 2385

The giant has been awesome with MoS and the lord has been sick!!! Also the ogres and the knights have been very good. Have yet to try the sorceror but i picked fire because it looks like every spell is good. Both warrior units have performed well. Any reccomendations on the marauder horsemen.

Thanks

BigbyWolf
06-08-2011, 13:03
MoK isn't worth it on 5 Horsemen, I'd swap it for MoS.

I'd be more worried about shooting than magic hurting the Lord, so would swap the Collar for the Golden Eye for the 3+ ranged ward. I'd keep the Sorcerer in a unit so he wouldn't really have much use for it.

Looking elsewhere, I'd try to give one of the following combinations to the Knights to make them more dangerous:

MoT and Blasted Standard
MoN and Banner of Rage
MoK

If you need to free up points, consider swapping out the Ogres for a unit of 6 Trolls (Just try and keep them in the Lords Ld bubble).

I would normally suggest trading the giant out for something, but if he's doing well then keep him. It could actually split the army nicely- a monster-wing led by the Lord, a solid centre of Warriors and a little flanking force. Only other suggestion I can think (although it's really a matter of personal taste...) is swapping out the MoN warriors for a unit of 40 MoK Marauders.

puckus10
06-08-2011, 13:28
The only thing about the lord is that I need a ward in combat since he is going to have to challenge at some point. The goal is to get him to the back of the table facing the reaer of the enemy units by turns 1-2. I will definetly take your advice on the knights because i cant figure out a good way to equip them. Also why MoS on the marauders other than less points?

BigbyWolf
06-08-2011, 13:55
Also why MoS on the marauders other than less points?

Mainly because 5 won't be that effective in combat regardless of which mark you take, and MoS helps with fear etc.

For the Lord, that's fair enough, so long as you make the most of terrain. ;)

I'd still put the sorcerer in a unit and drop the eye from him, maybe for the Third Eye for a bit of magical variation.

puckus10
08-08-2011, 23:31
ok guys i redid the list does it look solid?

Heros:

Lvl 2 sorceror with MoN dispel scroll (165)
Hero with MoN, BSB, halberd, tricksters helm (119) (he is my general)
Hero with MoT, disc, halberd, talisman of protection, crown of command (195)

Core:

25 warriors with MoS, fc, adhw (440)
15 warriors with MoN, fc, shields (255)

Special:
5 knights with MoS, fc, lances (385)
6 ogres with MoN, fc, armour, adhw (345)

Rare:

Giant with MoS (265)
Helcannon (205)

Total: 2374

Alternatively i could take out the helcannon for 20 marauders with flails and MoN

Eta
09-08-2011, 11:00
Drop the lances, they usually make the knights worse. I'd also drop the champion of the knights and use the leftover points to include two units of five/six Chaos Hounds as additional deployment drops, redirectors, mobile cover and warmachine hunters.

puckus10
09-08-2011, 15:54
Okay that sounds good. Do you think people will mind if i use lances on the mpdels but say there ensorceled weapons?

Eta
09-08-2011, 23:13
Okay that sounds good. Do you think people will mind if i use lances on the mpdels but say there ensorceled weapons?

No, because it isn't specified what an ensorcelled weapon looks like. As long as you tell your opponent before the game that the knights use their weapons as ensorcelled weapons there shouldn't be a problem. My knights have lances, too, but never use them. They simply look great with these weapons.