PDA

View Full Version : First all goblin army 1500

friendsofrhomb
06-08-2011, 08:00
This is my first attempt at an all goblin army, I've been playing greenskins for a long time and thought it would be fun

Goblin Warboss
Armour of fortune
Crown of command
GW

Night goblin great shaman
Lv 4, Dispell scroll

Two Night goblin big bosses
GW

Night goblin big boss
BSB, armour of destiny, GW

50 Night goblins
Spears, 2 fanatics, musician, standard

49 Night goblins
Spears, 2 fanatics, musician, standard

10 Wolf Riders
Spears, shields, bows, musician, standard

10 spider riders
Bows, musician, standard

2 spear chukkas

1 rock lobba

1 doom diver catapult

The basic plan, use the two fast cav unit to hit warmachines, or anything softer than them, such as wet cake. The two night goblin units should be able to stand up in combat(pffft) , with the bosses and warbosses in the front rank, after the enemy has been softened up by the warmachines and fanatics.

If you have any suggestions, please post them

thesheriff
06-08-2011, 08:58
I like it. Nice and balanced.

I woudl split all the fast cav down. There bow shots/combat ability is more that enough to outfight 3 crewmen.

I alos think, if not in this list, but in a 2k version, you add in some lv.1's for easy magic missiles.

thesheriff

friendsofrhomb
06-08-2011, 09:26
do you mean you would break down down into 4 units of 5, or break them into a unit of 5 wolves and 5 spiders?

I wanted to fit a lvl 2 shaman in, but thought the extra big bosses would be more useful in a game this size, I even thought about dropping the lvl4 and taking two lvl 2s instead, but the +4 to dispel is too good to miss out on, i think.

I had no idea what to equip my characters with, since I usually dont take any goblin bosses, so I hope the magic item selection isnt too bad, I figured I'd NEED that stubborn on the general, and a survivable BSB.

I also would have liked to take another 2 spear chukkas and an extra rock lobber, but they arent assembled yet.....

BigbyWolf
06-08-2011, 13:08
4 units of 5 is the best way to go.

Leave the Big Bosses cheap and cheerful, and definitely keep the level 4.

friendsofrhomb
11-08-2011, 10:14
Heres how it went. I faced skaven, and we drew battle for the pass, which severely limited the effectiveness of the fast cav, since I couldnt flank with them, due to lack of room on the board.

The spear chukkas managed to hit twice the whole game, and the catapult did about the same. The only artillery piece that did any work was the Doom diver, taking out a lvl 4 grey seer late in the game, as well as an engineer in the 2nd turn. The goblin bosses made mincemeat out of his stormvermin, and kept the combat resolution up, with me winning every combat with the goblin units, bar one. ( I didnt expect them to win combat versus stormvermin the first two turns so i didnt mind).

I learnt a few things though, Warp lightning cannons are evil, and HPA's need a flame banner to the face. I'm going to make a few changes, and try again with an all goblin list, maybe Have a small unit of trolls on either side of the main goblin unit so add some extra punch.