PDA

View Full Version : 750 battle force list needed

Kiro the avenger
06-08-2011, 11:04
im going to go into fantasy and have been playing 40k tau for around a year now and going to get lizardmen and need a semi-competitiv fore 750list made from the battle force and the least other box sets as possible and convertions are possible, just -in short i need a 750list on a buget:)remember i only have a basic space marine bitz box-ive used my tau's
thank you for all your help:)

vinush
06-08-2011, 11:58
Using just the battalion box you can get close to 750 points.

Scar-Veteran (Made from the Temple Guard sprue + parts from the regular/cavalry sprue for weapons, etc) with Burning blade of Chotec, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone, Light Armour (2+sv, first fail rerollable)
20 Saurus Warriors, full command
12 Skink Skirmishers, Javelin & Shield, Champion
6 Saurus Cavalry, Full command.

This gets you 742 points of stuff.

It's not great, but it's probably the best you can do with the restrictions you've got (Skink characters aren't really worth fielding as General, due to low Ld and T characteristics)

Everything can be made using the battalion box, so no additional purchases necessary. If you live in the UK, have a look at Darksphere, you can pick up the battalion even cheaper than the GW standard price.

Good luck, and I'm sure others might have a better suggestion than me.

THE \/ince

Kiro the avenger
06-08-2011, 13:16
thanks vince and does this place have a rep system?-im new here and ive been with heresy online for months now:)

vinush
06-08-2011, 13:36
I'm not sure what you mean by a rep system.

Good luck with the army. I've found them to be rather hardy.

Also, make sure you assemble the Saurus as hand weapon and shield.

If you want to expand the army, you can assemble a BSB out of the temple guard saurus, one of the banners from the saurus cavalry and a few adornments from a mixture of the sprues. Salamanders are worth their weight in gold, and practically a must for any army.

The main drawback to this build is that in a Blood and Glory game you're break point is really low, as you only have 2 banners and the general.

Also, if you do decide to expand you'd not go far wrong by dropping your skink skirmishers to a Skink cohort (saving yourself 28 points) or give the cohort full command (adding in a banner and musician) which is still saving you 14 points (or almost 3 more skinks in the unit).

Good purchases to expand would be 2 boxes of Saurus, a box of Skinks (Try and make a skink priest or two out of this and some additional bits from the other sprues) and 2 or 3 salamanders. Upgrade your scar veteran general to an old blood general, throw in a Scar-veteran BSB, your skink priests and salamanders, a second unit of Saurus warriors and you'll have around 2000 points available to use.

Enjoy playing.

THE \/ince

vinush
06-08-2011, 14:16
also, if you want to have a look at what I've made from simple purchases for my lizardmen, click on the link in my signature and see what I've got up to.

THE \/ince