PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen 1500 points for a friend

vinush
06-08-2011, 16:10
Hi guys, was wondering if some of you friendly types would have a look at a couple of Beastmen army lists I've put together for a friend.

They are:

List 1

Beastlord, General, Heavy Armour, Brass Cleaver, Charmed Shield
Wargor, BSB, Heavy Armour, Shield, Shrieking Blade
Wargor, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sword of Might
Bray Shaman, Level 2.

24x Gors, Extra Hand Weapon, Full Command
24x Gors, Extra Hand Weapon, Full Command
30 Ungor, Full Command
10x Warhounds

23x Bestigor, Full Command

Total: 1498 points.

List 2

Beastlord, General, Heavy Armour, Brass Cleaver, Charmed Shield
Wargor, BSB, Heavy Armour, Shield, Shrieking Blade
Wargor, Heavy Armour, The Steel Claws
Bray Shaman, Level 2.

24x Gors, Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command
24x Gors, Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command
25x Ungor, Full Command
5x Warhounds
5x Warhounds
5x Warhounds
5x Warhounds

19x Bestigor, Full command

Total: 1498 points.

I'm not overly familiar with the beastmen army book, but did the best I could with the models he had available.

A bit of background: we play friendly games only, never WAAC games. Recently he has been running 2 Shamans, but finding that his main units are getting beaten too easily in combat, and he hasn't been having much luck casting spells. We believe the dice gods may hate him, as he rolls very low in combat and magic, but rather high for Ld tests (other than the Primal Fury checks).

TYIA.

THE \/ince

vinny t
07-08-2011, 17:00
Have you thought about the typical BSB kit? A Wargor BSB with Gnarled Hide, heavy armor, shield, and +1S banner is golden in a Gor unit.

Instead of Warhounds you could use Ungor Raiders. They have a shooting attack and are skirmished as opposed to +2M which is a pretty good trade off.

He could add a single Razorgor which has a lot of uses.

Just some thoughts

popisdead
08-08-2011, 23:51
Generally characters go:
Great Bray Shaman
Wargor BSB
Level 2 & Beastlord.

At 1500 Points I play with a GBS and BSB, at 2500 I add a support caster and Beastlord (the LD is important).

Single Razorgors or trains of 2x1 are good.

Hounds are good and yes Raiders are better. Chariots still have uses (espeically as they are core), however units of only 24 Gor would be better off at size 30-40. Same with Bestigors. People generally have a solid block of Gor with the BSB and then a big Block of Bestigors both 6-wide.

vinush
09-08-2011, 21:17
Thanks for the advice guys.

THE \/ince