PDA

View Full Version : Legal charge or not?

Es Mors
07-08-2011, 02:43
Something I couldn't find in the book, or using the search function.

Unit A has the majority of its front rank models in unit B's front arc. Unit C is right in front of unit B, so it is impossible for A to charge B in the front. Can A still declare a charge against B and charge in the flank?

Mage
07-08-2011, 03:58
I'll try to help as best as I can, if you can see it and the charge is possible I believe you could charge unit B, unless you physicall go within an inch of unit c While attempting the charge. You can declare it as long as its possible you can make it.

Try page 22 also of the brb, basically, you try to complete the charge while avoiding the obstruction.

I could be wrong with this....

Tarian
07-08-2011, 04:03
You must charge the arc you are in. If you can't reach that arc, you can't charge the wrong side, so no, it is not a legal charge.

Udun
08-08-2011, 00:01
Ironically, somebody tried to argue this with me the other day... not sure why some people try to make up rules only when it benefits them.

eron12
08-08-2011, 00:15
I'll try to help as best as I can, if you can see it and the charge is possible I believe you could charge unit B, unless you physicall go within an inch of unit c While attempting the charge. You can declare it as long as its possible you can make it.

Try page 22 also of the brb, basically, you try to complete the charge while avoiding the obstruction.

I could be wrong with this....

On a side note, the 1" rule doesn't apply to charging.

Feefait
08-08-2011, 01:15
I am assuming that B and C are enemy units, and A is friendly? Cause if B were in combat with and A charges you would just shift to accommodate. If C is friendly then they would shift a little so A could get into B. Is it at all possible to shift C in your scenario? If so that's what you should do.

Es Mors
08-08-2011, 12:57
B and C are opposing units. I do not believe you would shift to accomaodate in your scenario, Feefait. Could you provide a rulebook page if I'm wrong, this is the first time I've heard of such a thing.

T10
08-08-2011, 13:13
Friendly units that obstruct your charge path cannot be conveniently moved out of the way: Move Chargers is before Compulsory Movement and Remaining Moves.

A friendly unit in the way would also have to declare a charge in order to move clear.