PDA

View Full Version : WoC v. Night goblins tomorrow, 2500

Magister_Ordo_Lyrae
07-08-2011, 05:45
I am trying out a full plate list because I have gotten tired of my marauders getting eaten by stonethrowers. I play mono-tzeentch themed lists and was wondering if people think this is a decent list for playing against my buddies night goblins (plus some warmachines).

Sorc Lord, LV4, MoT, Disc, talisman of pres, power familiar, charmed shield, roar
=405

exalted, BSB, MoT, Collar of Khorne, Sword of Might, Iron Curse Icon, steed, shield, = 216

exalted, MoT, Book of Secrets, spell familiar, biting blade, conjoined homonculus, steed, shield = 211

24 warriors, MoT, shields, musician, standard w/ blasted = 462

18 warriors, MoT, shields, halberds, musician, standard = 324

4 x 5 warhounds = 120

8 knights, MoT, musician, standard w/ rage banner = 405 (both exalteds in here)

warshrine MoT = 150

Hellcannon = 205

total = 2497

I am looking for quick changes and tactical advice. I don't have a whole lot of other models that I use other than some marauder horseman with spears.

Fusarius
07-08-2011, 18:46
Kill the bsb and warboss. Then it is just dominoes.

GenerationTerrorist
07-08-2011, 22:58
Always good to see Mono-God WoC armies, especially full-plate ones. Plus you have chosen the right God :-)

First of all, I would drop Power Familiar on your Sorcerer Lord and try to fit Blood of Tzeentch or Infernal Puppet on him instead. I also tend not to run Warshrines unless I am also running a block of Chosen, though that may just be me! Third Eye of Tzeentch might be useful on your Exalted-Sorcerer.

puckus10
08-08-2011, 01:55
how can you play mono tzeentch without a disc?!!! that would be very helpful in your case. give him the stream of corruption and some warmachine-take-out stuff. He flies behind enemy lines turn one and kills warmachines. then he unleashes a stream (of corruption) into the back of a goblin unit killing 10 models. and then charging it and challenging its bsb/hero/champion. take out the other hero to get this guy in your list

Magister_Ordo_Lyrae
08-08-2011, 06:16
Thanks for all the advice. I do have a disc, for my sorc lord but I have thought about a second disc exalted for war machine hunting and challenge seeker but I don't have a second disc model at the moment or I would try it out. The warhounds seem like they can handle warmachines for a at least a turn.

Also I really like the model I converted for my book of secrets exalted. That and death magic seems really good against a ld6 night goblin bsb...

I would love to fit the puppet on my sorc lord but I don't know where to get the 10 points.

The game got delayed a day so any more tips would be appreciated. Thanks again. :)

col
08-08-2011, 07:46
I woukd change your bsb to have the -1 ld banner (sorry not got my book in front of me for its name!). That with the hellcannon and pandemonium is a truely sickening combo against low ld armies. Make sure to target his generals unit first.