PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion: top or drop

whiteshields1830
08-04-2006, 12:39
Im thinking up of starting a daemonic legion army, specifically Khorne.

Just asking the masters/experts of the warseer forums to help me on this.
Would this list of models (give or take a few models) be transformed into a competitive list? Any huge/major weaknesses? Major strengths?

Anyway, here it is:

1 Daemon Prince
1 Daemon herald (BSB?)
12 x Bloodletters (standard and musician)
5 x Fleshounds
5 x Fleshounds
5 x Fleshounds
3 x Bloodcrushers
3 x Bloodcrushers
(furies?)

at about 2500pts

metro_gnome
08-04-2006, 13:02
blood crushers and blood beasts may never appear in the same army...

if you are using the DL rules i suggest you spilt one of your princes into 2 heralds...
one of which is the BSB... with the Warbanner or Banner of Rage...
the other could be undivided so you can get some furies... to screen your dp from making mistakes...
you might go smaller with the bloodletter units... Khorne Daemon MSU is an excellent tactic...
you could probably afford the fourth unit by going down to 10 or 12... and getting rid of the illegal spawn...

whiteshields1830
08-04-2006, 13:21
List changed, lowering the bloodleter unit size and getting a herald.

Im pretty new to a daemonic legion army, so i dont know whats what :p
But are heralds good? Are BSB good? And can i take furies in a daemonic list (and whats a decent squad size?)?

junx13
08-04-2006, 13:27
Are you sure you want a herald that is unmounted? I am also starting a Khorne army and have gotten quite some help here:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php

A herald has M6 .. which means he WILL charge out of a unit of bloodletters if he is within charge range.. not a good thing generally

whiteshields1830
08-04-2006, 13:46
Im sorry im such a 'n00b', but ive heard people talk about a flying circus for a tzeentch army (daemonic or not)... but i fail to see how theyre a 'flying circus'? What sort of list runs as a 'flying circus' with a tzeentch army?

(yes im also considering a daemonic tzeentch army)

metro_gnome
08-04-2006, 14:12
well get the DL list here...
http://stormofchaos.ca.games-workshop.com/book/armies/default.htm

imho all DLs need a the BSB... well except maybe Tzeench... and only cause his units are all over the place...
being able to re roll instability is major...
you needn't place him in a unit... or mark him even... furies are your friend in a Khorne legion...

the tzeench flying circus is the tzeench daemonic legion... take a minimum number of horrors...
da rest flys, casts, and avoids unfavourable combat till its over... usually winning on VP...

Latro
08-04-2006, 14:13
Im sorry im such a 'n00b', but ive heard people talk about a flying circus for a tzeentch army (daemonic or not)... but i fail to see how theyre a 'flying circus'? What sort of list runs as a 'flying circus' with a tzeentch army?

(yes im also considering a daemonic tzeentch army)

... roughly:

Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince of Tzeench

2 (minimal) units Horrors
2 units Screamers
2 units Flamers
2 units Changebringers
2 Chariots of Tzeench

Almost the entire list can fly and shoot/magic ... it will fly around the entire battle and only pick on easy targets with overwhelming force, preferably in the final turn.

Great way to make new friends ;)

:cool:

Screamin Daemon
08-04-2006, 14:38
Whilst it may be a rediculous amount of points in characters, this list is tough as nails:

Bloodthirster
Herald with warbanner
14 letters with the herald
15 letters with unholy icon
I think 6 puppies
3 crushers
1 chariot with two juggies

Don't have army builder infront of me at the moment, but that's close to 2 grand.

whiteshields1830
09-04-2006, 04:19
Screamin Daemon: is that list powerful? Its so few models, and i dont like seeing the letters and hounds getting slaughtered by some pansy elf shooting:p

I might consider a chariot...but i dont know if theyre worth their points (same applies for bloodcrushers)

ROCKY
09-04-2006, 13:47
Screamin Daemon: is that list powerful? Its so few models, and i dont like seeing the letters and hounds getting slaughtered by some pansy elf shooting:p

I might consider a chariot...but i dont know if theyre worth their points (same applies for bloodcrushers)
Blood crusher ARE worth their points. they can totally dessimate an opponent. I would go for a daemon prince, he would be harder to pick out. give him diabolic splendor (4+ward save in daemonic legion army), blade of the ether and of course soul hunger. units/characters beware!:evilgrin:

Senbei
11-04-2006, 13:55
On the downside - Khorne Daemon armies are the most two-dimensional one trick ponies in Warhammer. Thankfully since the killing off of CA and SoC I can now be an ass and refuse to play them if they turn up *sniggers*.

Try fielding a couple of big Blocks of Bloodletters supported by hounds on the flanks. Your high toughness and ward saves should be proof against most missile weapons and nobody can beat them in combat without having to make silly dice-rolls. Just march forwards and decimate. Oh, and try to play Vampire counts or other low missile weapon armies as often as you can, in true rock-paper-scissors' fashion, the only thing in their army that can hurt you are their expensive elites and generals... Hit their troops for combat res and watch them crumble, jus dont try to rely on your hounds too much - use them to stop your blocks of letters from being flanked and to flank already engaged enemy units.....

ROCKY
11-04-2006, 14:53
Is it banned in the US? or still only in England?

Stouty
11-04-2006, 14:56
On the downside all Khornate armies are the most two-dimensional one trick ponies in Warhammer.

Fixed, all khornate knight armies are very similar.