PDA

View Full Version : Ng tourny 2500

Fusarius
07-08-2011, 21:38
I am looking to get back into tournies in the near future, here is my list so far.

Lords:
Ng Warboss, Sword of Strife, Armour of Destiny, Enchanted Shield
Ng Warboss, Giant squig, Battle Axe of the Last Waagh!, lt armour, shield
Ng Great Shaman, lv 4, Feed Back Scroll

Heros:
Ng Big Boss, Standard, Armour of Slivered Steel
Ng Shaman, 2 Dispel Scroll

Core:
100 Ng Spears, FC, Nets, 3 Fanatics
47 Ng Bows, FC, Nets, 3 Fanatics

Special:
Squig Herd, 50 Squigs, 17 Ngs
Squig Herd, 20 Squigs, 7 Ngs
11 Squig Hoppers
7 Squig Hoppers

Rare:
2 Mangler Squigs

The warboss, bsb and lv1 go into the spears and the lv 4 goes into the bows.

The hoppers and manglers go on the flank, the giant squig goes on the weak flank.

The Spears, bows and Large herd are deployed in a slight v in the middle-ish with the small squigs on the harder of the opponent's flank.

Fusarius
10-08-2011, 06:10
should i trade the large squig herd for trolls or black orcs? I could pop in a 50 block of unsupported black orcs in for a touch less of a glass cannon

Algorath
10-08-2011, 22:52
Ng Warboss, Giant squig, Battle Axe of the Last Waagh!, lt armour, shield

That axe is fa' Orcs only. However, the Armor of Gork is not, and would give this guy some staying power alongside his additional (impact) attacks, and a spear would work with this as well; if you're going to spend the points anyway. (...T7 Night goblin, hahaha...:cheese:)

Ng Shaman, 2 Dispel Scroll

I'm assuming this is a lvl 2 shaman with (1) Dispel Scroll, since we can't have two.

Squig Herd, 50 Squigs, 17 Ngs

Sweet jesus, I'd love to see that! Although I think you might get more mileage from another 100 block of spear gobbos with full command, nets and 3 fanatics...since they cost a point less.

I think your deployment seems right, and I'm fairly confident your squigs will reach the other side with the numbers to hurt someone. If I were you (and if I were you with the models/cash) I'd pony up for more spears over the squig mob, scrap the axe and use those points for three more vanilla heroes, killy power is still killy power.

Good luck all the same.

Fusarius
11-08-2011, 04:34
That axe is fa' Orcs only. However, the Armor of Gork is not, and would give this guy some staying power alongside his additional (impact) attacks, and a spear would work with this as well; if you're going to spend the points anyway. (...T7 Night goblin, hahaha...:cheese:)

I do not see where it says that in any more than the fluff.

I'm assuming this is a lvl 2 shaman with (1) Dispel Scroll, since we can't have two.

Oops, i forgot that they nixed the old scroll caddy :(

Sweet jesus, I'd love to see that! Although I think you might get more mileage from another 100 block of spear gobbos with full command, nets and 3 fanatics...since they cost a point less.

Hmm, I'll think about that. My reason for not doing that out right is that the spears do not punch, they grind.

I think your deployment seems right, and I'm fairly confident your squigs will reach the other side with the numbers to hurt someone. If I were you (and if I were you with the models/cash) I'd pony up for more spears over the squig mob, scrap the axe and use those points for three more vanilla heroes, killy power is still killy power.

Good luck all the same.

Thanks, I will spend time thinking about your suggestions! I am still modeling out the army and painting so a ton can change before i am table ready

Algorath
11-08-2011, 16:25
I do not see where it says that in any more than the fluff.

Curious, you're right though, I guess I'm still thinkin' of seventh. However, I stand behind my advice, by himself that gobbo's a target; T5-7 w/ a +3 is going to save his ass more than that axe, considering at the worst spear throwers wound him on 4s and at best Khornate Bloodthirsters (stock DoC) wound him on 5's!!

Hmm, I'll think about that. My reason for not doing that out right is that the spears do not punch, they grind.

I agree, you use the fanatics and big bosses for punch, and you still have twenty squigs (plus hoppers) running around somewhere...