PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves, first list for first time user, and first time new edition

The Anarchist
07-08-2011, 23:28
Going with a dark elf list to play the new WFB eddition, this is my first game along with my friend also being first.

Hydra-----------------------------175
2 boltthrowers--------------------200

10 Xbows
shields-------------------------110

10 Xbows
shields-------------------------110

30 warriors
shields
com
warbanner-----------------------250

30 warriors
shields
com-----------------------------225

5 harpies--------------------------55

8 cold one
com------------------------------256

dreadlord
sheild
heavy armour
pegasus
pendat khaelthe
cloak graef
cldor bane----------------------294

sorcress
dispellscroll--------------------150
Total 1825

overall I have 175 points left to play with, want to keep the dreadlord on pegasus, though can change his load up. playing him as a Druchii annointed.
my main worry is magic defense as everywhere i read that magic is madly overpowered in the new eddition, and few of my friends playing elves and Lizardmen. The harpies and Lord will be going Mage and war machine hunting, and the sorcress my magic shield till combat kicks in turn 3 probably.

My basic plan is the alrge spearmen units are my anvil with the repeater bows there to soften the incoming, the cold ones and hydra are my anvil.

this does leave me with some points left so the list can change based upon the warseers advice? not sure weather to get a Hag with coludren or maybe another sorcress for little magic shield.

Fusarius
08-08-2011, 07:17
go for another hydra, they are a touch of win button at the moment.

Also, nix the point values for each individual thing. That is a gw IP no no.

Barbar139
08-08-2011, 11:39
I'ld say, drop the cold ones to 5 and add more harpies. Cavalry isn't much of an anvil if u're not bretonnian.

Definitely get a lvl 4 mage with some magic defence. Good magic users like Slaan or Vampires may be nasty.

And most importanty, you need a BSB in every army in this edition. He makes you reroll "every" leadership test. Get one, and don't be sad because of a bad "steadfast" ld roll.