PDA

View Full Version : New to WHFB. 1500 Dwarfs

rednicks
07-08-2011, 23:24
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to WHFB but have spent a bit of time reading up on different army lists.
My main opponents are going to be WoC and O/G to begin with.

Dragon Slayer 50pts

Runesmith 127pts
-General
-MRo Balance
-Ro Stone
-Shield

Thane 140pts
-BSB
-MRo Gromril
-Ro Preservation
-Ro Striking

2x Warriors 250pts
-25 units
-GW
-Standard Bearer

Cannon 140pts
-Ro Forging
-Engineer

Grudge Thrower 170pts
-Ro Accuracy
-Ro Penetrating x2
-Engineer

Hammerers 252pts
-18 units
-Standard Bearer

Organ Gun -120pts

I didn't take Ro Fire because I know probably wont be versing any trolls. If they end up tweaking their lists to have some then I was thinking of dropping the Ro Striking from the BSB and sticking Ro Fire on both the cannon and GT.

Any tips or modifications would be greatly appreciated.

eron12
07-08-2011, 23:35
I haven't played a lot of dwarfs at 1500, but the list looks pretty good. The one thing that stands out is the lack of comand, standard bearers are good, but so are musicians and champions have their place.

The units look a little on the small side to me, but that could just be because I'm used to larger games, and even if they are small I don't really have a solution for you.

rednicks
08-08-2011, 00:48
Would it be worth dropping the engineers from the GT and Cannon to bring the 2 units of warriors up to FC?

eron12
08-08-2011, 04:14
Would it be worth dropping the engineers from the GT and Cannon to bring the 2 units of warriors up to FC?

That's a tough one. At the very least engineers are an extra wound on their machine, and I normally find that alone to be worth the cost.

It really comes down to how much of a gambler you are. The easiest one to drop would be the cannon engineer, since Rof Forging already gives good misfire protection and the engineer is basically a backup. The GT engineer is less redundant, but you aren't garentied to misfire.

In the end the usefullness of engineers comes down to luck. You could get rid of them and never misfire, or you could get rid of them and lose both machines turn one. Worse you could keep both engineers and due to horrible rerolls still lose both machines turn one.

I tend towards the more cautious side, so I would say keep the engineers and make due without the command.

rednicks
08-08-2011, 04:21
I might keep them on then and just hope I soften them up enough by the time they get to me. Knowing my dice they will try to spite me and try and cause misfires.