PDA

View Full Version : Redirecting the Charge

Barbar139
08-08-2011, 12:46
This topic is being discussed at my local club forum and I also wanted to take some more opinions.

The question is, Unit A charges Unit B. B says hold. Unit C charges Unit B. B says Flee. Unit C can redirect the charge with no problem. Can Unit A also redirect?

My answer would be, "yes it can" based on the references;

Rulebook page 18

"If the target unit declares a flee reaction, the charging unit now has a choice, it can either complete the charge or try to redirect."

From the FAQ

"If multiple units have declared a charge against a unit that has chosen a Flee! Charge response, can they all attempt to redirect their charge if there is another viable target in range? (p18)
A: Yes. The controlling player chooses in which order to try and redirect his charging units."

The other opinion is that Unit A gets his result as "Hold". The flee reaction is not important for him. It must complete the charge.

What are your thoughts?

Es Mors
08-08-2011, 13:01
From the FAQ

"If multiple units have declared a charge against a unit that has chosen a Flee! Charge response, can they all attempt to redirect their charge if there is another viable target in range? (p18)
A: Yes. The controlling player chooses in which order to try and redirect his charging units."

I'd say that answers it. I don't see any other interpretation of that qoute.

T10
08-08-2011, 13:08
Agreed. You can retroactively attempt to redirect the earlier charge declarations. Each unit still only gets a single redirect, and a Ld test is required or they will stay commited to the initial charge.