PDA

View Full Version : High Elf 2000Pts

Richmt11
08-08-2011, 18:24
Here's a 2000pt list I'll be using wednesday against an unknown foe. I feel I'm lacking somewhere...

Total is 1998 pts

Archers x 10
110 pts

Archers x 10
110 pts

Spearmen x30
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame
305 pts

Phoenix Guard x20
Full Command
Razor Standard
375 pts

Noble
BSB
Armour of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
168 pts

Swordmasters of Hoeth x21
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery
395 pts

Dragon Princes of Caledor x7
Musician
220 pts

Archmage - LIFE
Level 4
General
Silver Wand
Talisman of Preservation
315 pts

Let me know what you all think!

Cheers

Rich

calnen
08-08-2011, 20:17
What are the Phoenix guard for? If you feel you're lacking punch, White Lions pack a lot more of it.
What about chopping the swordmasters down to 14, dropping the guard, and adding a horde of whitelions (30+) instead?

Richmt11
08-08-2011, 20:22
I find with swordmaster they get pretty whittled down before they hit combat so I added the extra rank. I don't know if it's the fact they are low in numbers I'm lacking punch or if it's my unit selection (PG over WL). I think I'll try this
Wednesday with the extra SM. pick up a box of WL to bump me up to 30'and try your suggestion.

I like having the PG to have a unit that will last in a few more round of combat if I need it because of the low HE T stat...

grhino
09-08-2011, 08:21
Think this list looks fine... WL and PG fulfil two completely different roles - punch or durability. With the rest of your list taken into account, I would take the PG (the models are cooler as well) although the army will be different in playing style should you go for the WL. Could work as well, they are stubborn so they make a great unit to put that BSB in for a solid center that is very reluctant to run.

Pyriel
09-08-2011, 08:31
1. if you are using phoenix guard , the most durable unit in the army, then it is they who should be the unit with the all-important banner of sorcery.

2. swordmasters are a great unit-that constantly needs babysitting.
use Life buffs on them. example: flesh to stone with enormous dice pool-you do not want it dispelled. this will make them toughness 5, or potentialy toughness 7 if you also have crown of thorns.

Regrowth.Flesh To Stone. etc. keep them babysat . succeed in this, and swordmasters will chop the whole enemy army into messes. fail in this, and even crossbowmen will kill them.

3. dragon princes:
use 5 or 6, but a standard bearer IS important:

the DPs have a flanking role, hence the difference between 5 and 7 isnt that huge-how many can engage, base-wise, in flank attacks anyway?...
instead, the standard bearer will give you both +1 on that one good flanking attack break attempt and the dirt-cheap option for banner of ellyrion, which is important to pass through terrain.