PDA

View Full Version : Advice :- What to do with my old stuff??

Rookie1986
08-08-2011, 21:35
Hey Guys,

With the summer drawing to a close (not that we really had one this year) a few friends and I thought it might be interesting to dabble in a little Warhammer for the winter months. We have all bought "new" armies one friend has chosen Lizardmen, another Wood Elves, my brother has picked Vampire Counts and I've gone with Skaven.

Anyway, once I got home with my models I started wondering where I had put my last collection from when I last played. After searching high and low in the loft I finally found them and tbh I have to admit I was shocked at the amount of stuff I've found. I've got a full Chaos army which was bought when they released the spearhead a few years back, totting everything up on the current Games Workshop prices the army comes in at a healthy 322.55!! So the it struck me "Where would be the best place to sell/trade my old Chaos stuff so I can put the money to wards my Skaven army"..... I guess thats where you guys come in...... I need some help and advice because I've never sold/traded models in the past and with no interest in my old Chaos army it would be a waste to just box them back up and stick them in the loft when someone else could be enjoying them.

My question is: How do you guys go about selling/trading your past armies??

Thanks a lot,
/Rookie

Crube
08-08-2011, 21:38
Warseer Trading Forum

eBay

In that order. In my experience.

:D

Rookie1986
08-08-2011, 22:12
Since I'm new to the forums will I be able to Sell/Trade on these boards? Also are people likely to buy/trade from me since I have no direct feedback from other users? Finally, if I have a 322.50 WoC Army what would be a realistic price to ask for these models??

Thanks for the reply :)
/Rookie

Kharn_21
08-08-2011, 22:47
generally, you are lucky to get close to 1/2 what you paid for them in the store :/

Rookie1986
08-08-2011, 22:56
I was expecting to have taken a loss on the WoC army, tbh I would be happy enough just to get something back to invest in my new Skaven Army. Maybe a trade would give better results then asking for ??

I also have the High Elves Army from my copy of IoB, do people tend to swap these directly for the IoB Skaven Army??

/Rookie

Crube
08-08-2011, 23:00
Yes, you can trade here... You may get slightly less if you have no other sites (even eBay) to refer to...

As to value, it depends on the condition. If they're poorly painted/assembled then 1.2 RRP would be good.. if they're New in Box (NIB) then 10-20%off RRP is decent...

If you accept similar sondition what you have for your WoC, then you should get close to like for like RRP in Skaven... it's up to you what you accept.

Rookie1986
08-08-2011, 23:45
Well I have my eBay account which has 100% feedback with sales of Camera equipment and games consoles going for prices in the 100's which I could refer to as proof of my credible sales in the past although on a different platform.

Condition is so/so, Most models are still NIB, some have been built but need deflashing, some are built and base coated and then some have foundation colours added to them but nothing is any further then that.

In total I have these:

1 set of the High Elves Army from IoB (IoB Models - NIB)
1 set of 5 Chosen Warriors (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1 set of 5 Chosen Warriors Command Group (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (Metal - NIB)
1x Khorne Exalted Hero (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Nurgle Champion (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Nurgle Sorcerer (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Sigvald (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Wulfrik (Metal - NIB)
1x Sorcerer (Metal - Sprayed Black)
1x Lord on Juggernaut (Metal - NIB)
1 set of 16 Marauders (New Models - NIB)
1 set of 16 Marauders (New Models - 10 Built and Sprayed Black, rest are NIB)
1 set of 12 Warriors (New Models - Foundation painted)
1 set of 12 Warriors (New Models - Foundation Painted)
1 set of 12 Warriors (New Models - Sprayed Black)
1 set of 5 Marauder Horsemen (New Models - Sprayed Black)
1 set of 10 Chaos Warhounds (New Models - Mostly Sprayed Black 2 or 3 Foundation Painted)
1 set of Knights (New Models - Sprayed Black)
1 set of Knights (New Models - Two horses built, rest are still NIB)
1x Chaos Chariot (Metal - the cart is built but the rest is still NIB)
1x WoC Army Codex (Latest edition - One page has come loose from its binding)
1x Be'Lakor The Dark Master (Metal - NIB)

And I think thats about it, no doubt I will find more if I dig a little deeper in the loft :) - So if I'm looking to Sell/Trade these then I will just need to head on over to the Trading section of these forums and get posting??

Thanks for the replies,
/Rookie

Gonzoyola
09-08-2011, 00:13
I had good luck trading my Vampire Counts for Tomb Kings a year or so back. Had no feedback at the time. Most of the time, people seeing your army in a non generic picture, rounded up ready to be disposed of is good enough. I doubt you will have any problems at all. they ARE chaos after all, and nothing sells better than cheap chaos =D

Rookie1986
09-08-2011, 05:20
I had good luck trading my Vampire Counts for Tomb Kings a year or so back. Had no feedback at the time. Most of the time, people seeing your army in a non generic picture, rounded up ready to be disposed of is good enough. I doubt you will have any problems at all. they ARE chaos after all, and nothing sells better than cheap chaos =D

Who said they were cheap :P j/k

Yeah I guess thats how it works, I'm taking just as much a chance because I will be trading with someone that I don't know either.

Other then that I could always take them to a games fair and hope to get a direct face-to-face swap there, or maybe even do a face-to-face swap with someone from here at one of the local Games Workshop stores.... idk I'm just rambling now! I will take some pictures and then get them posted up on the Trade forum :)

Thanks for the replies,
/Rookie

Doskorg
09-08-2011, 05:37
Sell all of the units for the price you bought them plus 10% interest at answap meet or EBAY!!!!!!

Harry
09-08-2011, 05:45
I have completed about 50 trades on Warseer. Never once checked anyones feedback before trading. Only ever had one problem. (and that was a problem with Tax on a trade with someone in the States). You are not taking THAT big a chance.

You will do better trading than selling just by listing your stuff as you have above and saying 'Want Skaven stuff' folks will offer fair trades.

If you trade or sell, which is an option, you can put prices against them for folks who don't have anything to trade and the cash you get will allow you to fill out the gaps from the trades.

Novrain
09-08-2011, 08:49
Just a tip, you will often get better cash deals if you split your army up, selling the units individually.

However you are more likely to get a better trade if you look for an army for army trade.