PDA

View Full Version : are vampire allowed magic armour

meanmachine
08-08-2011, 21:33
This mght be a silly question

in the main rule book it says wizards cant have magic armour unless they have an option for armour or shield.

the vampires dont have the option for armour like other characters do, they can only get armour by vampire powers, does this count.

RealMikeBob
08-08-2011, 21:35
Yes it counts. Look at the magic armour section of the vamps magic items. Near the top I recall.

T10
09-08-2011, 08:16
Also, vampires have the option of taking vampiric powers that grant them non-magical armour. It's not extremely obvious, but it is sufficient to fulfill the criteria for taking magical armour.

JustinDonnelly
09-08-2011, 08:29
Add that to the fact that in the vampire book it says on some of the magical armours "vampires only" ;)

Another point is, (dont have the book in front of me) but there is a magical armour that necromancers are allowed to take. The one that stops charge bonuses. The description says can be equiped by a necromancer, so does that mean necromancers can take any magical armours?

T10
09-08-2011, 09:00
Necromancers do not have the option to take non-magical armour. They may not take magical armour. Except where the individual magical armour specifically allows for this.

Mr_Rose
09-08-2011, 10:11
There is a similarly worded item in the Empire book too, that allows a Wizard to take it even though it's armour.

I don't recall anyone ever trying to give Empire Wizards other magic armours because of it though…